Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tarmack

Engine start

Guest Tarmack

Okay...I have read all the doc's !Still have problems getting a consistent engine start.Works sometimes.....most times it does not.I have the fuel pumps on....I prime...I hit the starter and then the spark energizer....engine cranks....but does not always fire up.I have moved my throttle levers out of the bottom detent....And...Control/E doesn't work everytime either.Anyone have any hints?Thanks in advance,Cap'n Tarmack

Hi Cap'nSome people have found issues with engine start previously, for various reasons: some to do with setup, some to do with operational procedure, and so on. Rather than me start again here before you have reviewed what has been said before, might I suggest you enter ENGINE START or something equivalent into a search within this MAAM-SIM forum specifically? That way, you'll find a few posts dealing with the subject and you may see which suggestion applies in your particular set of circumstances.Failing which, post again! We're here to help as we can!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Tarmack

Mark,Thanks.....looks like...after following your suggestion and doing a search that there is not any real "eas" answer to this rather unique problem of staring the engines......but I will try the ideas of lowering my frame rates....or of opening a second window with a spot plane view.I flew the DC-3 for real in the early 60's.....and she could be a "turkey" to get started in those Minnesota winters....but of course we just sprayed in some "ether" into the carb's and didn't worry about frame rates. Grin.Regards,Cap'n Tarmack