Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Severe nose-up trim needed for climb

I have usually found that the MAAM DC-3 and R4D-6 will climb at a reasonable rate with the trim either neutral or very slightly nose-up. The new C-47's need a severe nose-up trim of 8 or more to do even a modest climb. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my setup?

Well, boys and girls, it looks like I screwed the pooch putting the FS9 package together. The two FS9 RAF Dakotas somehow received FS8 air files. Don't ask me how, I dunno. I'll be putting out a patch and fixing the download, but in the meantime, all you need to do to fix it is copy the air file from one of the C-47's and copy it into the two Daks, overwriting the original.This will apply to the new edition of the CD, as well. Sorry. The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Old Pennsylvania Dutch saying)Thanks to those who spotted the problem and brought it to our attention.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kennethg

I had just come to the conclusion that the wrong .air files had been used for the Dakotas when I compared the Aircraft.cfg files between the C-47 and Dakotas and found them to be identical. In any case, I just copied the .air file for the C-47 into the directories of both Dakotas and everything seems fine.

Yes, that's correct. It's 8.24 KB (8,446 bytes) when you look at its properties. You can even take it from the MAAM-SIM DC-3 Cargo if you want to be sure you are not suffering the Rambow Syndrome - so many Daks, so little organization.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org