Sign in to follow this  
Guest pollard

Better late than never! Wonderful!

Guest pollard

Hi, MAAM,Sorry this thank you's late but I've only just found the time to post! Busy time of year as well you know! Just gotta' add my plaudits on your D-Day package. Great fun! All those british paras spilling out of the new Daks and hitting the slipstream was a real buzz, even for the Mrs! Thanks very much indeed. You never fail to impress!Oh, and another thing... Your American Cemetery was an education for me. I couldn't even find it! I was on the wrong beach! All those school history lessons, documentaries, maps and literature and I'd taken it all for granted! I couldn't even find the exact place where so many lives were lost in the name of freedom... Very sobering. Anyway I did find it eventually and you can bet your bottom dollar I won't ever lose it again. Thank you for a much deserved and very educational 'kick-in-the-pants'.Ian :-sword

Guest pollard

green...green...green... bright green... Enough! After one and a half thousand hours of grey I can't handle this green....Anyway, after a week of very intensive re-colouring of the internal 3d and 2d cockpits and gauges I have finally arrived at an olive green I can live with - olive drab, dark and dirty... Much more like the british stuff! It's a wonder how you Yanks ever managed to conceal yourselves in that 'day-glow' green? Perhaps the Germans thought it was the Martians invading on D-Day? :-lol Thanks again for a great package.Ian (probably in the doghouse again...)

Much discussion went into the "green" of the refitted cockpit, Ian, and it was totally revised more than once as opinions flowed! Suffice to say that, at the end of the day, it was coloured (or colored, for those living in America) precisely to the tones of the best real world picture of a genuine C-47 cockpit we could find. There are very few, untouched, cockpits of this kind as you will realise; most pictures of cockpits from the 40s are in black and white, too. So we went with what we could at least prove to be correct for one aeroplane!But yes, olive drab, dark and dirty .... not sure the Brits will be thrilled with your association there but, for sure, all that soundproofing got pretty grubby! So do post a screenshot of your own, revised cockpit environment sometime: we'd be interested to see your own interpretation!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest pollard

But I'm a Brit too! And I have some Army connections and contacts to boot so I see a lot of that dark and dirty green! Some of it goes into our washing machine on a regular basis!Considering how difficult it was at times to recolour everything inside (much of the time I was pulling my hair out trying to get the right balance) I can fully appreciate the amount of work that went in this part of the project alone so you do have my sympathy. But each to their own, eh? This was 'your' olive green, not mine, and it had to go. I'm much happier with the deeper darker greens of my own labours.As for a screenshot... well I've been trying to get my head round that one for a while now... something always goes wrong. I don't fully understand how to do it. The link's no good, the attachment's wrong, the size is wrong, the format's wrong... I don't even bother trying anymore. And please, no quips about it being easy, I've read many posts like mine and there are a good few things I find easy where others definately don't. It's just one of those things. I could send screenshots via email easily enough but that's about it. Cheers,Ian.

Guest IanP

Not having a go, Ian, but have you tried any of the automatic screenshot packages available from the library here or sundry other places?If you have, forget it. If not, you might find them of interest? :-)Cheers,Ian P.(Who still uses PrntScrn and PSP. No, I don't know why either...)

Guest pollard

Hello, Ian,How are you, mate?I use FSScreen for my screen captures and it does do a really nice job grabbing those posnegs (DALEKSPEAK). Problem is I have no knowledge concerning links, URLS (or whatever they're called) and can't get to grips with the attachments. I've wanted to post screenshots in many forums over time to illustrate various points but all too often some knowledge of the webspace use, links and attachment sizes is assumed and quite frankly I haven't got a clue. It's funny really because I work a lot with my computer but I'm completely self-taught. What little I do know is gleaned from some of the whizz-kids who frequent forums like these and the rest is trial and error. I'm really clever at some things but surprise people when I fall short on some of the basics... like posting screenshots... I once sent somebody a couple of screengrabs in the original 24bit format (no idea at the time about reduced size JPEGS) and although he did appreciate them he wasn't awfully pleased about waiting for them to download through his dial-up modem... choked everything... trial and error, see - I'll know not to do that again!I really would like to put this one to bed and learn how to do this generally speaking. Once I understand it all I will always remember it and I'll owe the one who gets it through my thick skull a beer or two!Cheers,Ian (Sir John).