Sign in to follow this  
Guest hawaiian_flyer

Ariane 737..........is it worth it?

Guest hawaiian_flyer

Hi all fellow simmers. I wanted to ask all your Ariane 737 owners, GMAX that is. Is it worth it? How good is it. What is the performance like. such as frame rates and all on a slower pc. Thanks all who reply.Mahalo!

Guest Van

Hi,This topic has been covered numerous times and you will get many simmers responses for and against the Ariane GMAX 737's. The model is pricey, but probably the nicest aircraft available for FS2002 (IMHO). The FDE leaves much to be desired, but there are several FDE's that have been created to give you a much smoother flight experience, including a couple that I created for both the 733 and 734 that are available from the Avsim library. The frame rates are good, but don't expect a VC as Ariane went with a virtual wing view instead. Many simmers prefer a VC, but the wing views are superb and if you like this feature as I do, then you won't be disappointed. Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest flightpro08

I have the following Ariane 737-300'sUnitedSouthwestAmerica West (New)America West (Classic)I use them in conjunction with the Dreamfleet 737-400 panel and sounds. Along with Lee Holdridge's Ariane/Dreamfleet Merge, I've been very happy. They're fairly pricy, but if you're a 737 fanatic, then they're worth it. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.09 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

They're ok I guess. I've used them with the Dreamfleet panel and sounds as well. Next to the PSS airbus (and now the Dash-8) they have the best visual model in the business...(Sorry, but I think that PSS wins hands down for visual models with that Airbus).Anyway, I went back to the Dreamfleet models because their liverys were simply too expensive. I think they have a sale now, but I'm not going to bother. However you should check it out.Lagaz.

I own the Ariane Gmax UAL Fleet IMHO money well spent. Since I only fly UA planes in FS it made sense for me to purchase the UA pack.The prices are a bit high but 6 planes they were offering them for a good price.I fly them with the DF 737 panel and sounds a perfect fit.IMHO by far the best looking model in FS :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Please reduce your signature image in accordance with our rules. Also, be aware that by using our servers to host your image that it will disappear in 10 to 12 days.

I bought their America West Special Edition 737-300 and like it a lot. But I recently purchased three of their liveries during the holiday sale, and all I got were three empty texture files. I e-mailed them about the problem, and have gotten no response from their support site after four days of waiting. Now I'm not so sure I would want to do any more business with them in the future.

There's a file in Ariane's support that explains the installation of the livery only files. You have to copy one of your other existing aicraft, thus creating a clone aircraft, then rename everything in that new aircraft, including the model etc. to the new model, then run the zip extraction program and send the files to the new plane. It's a good time now, with the sale, to pick up a few liveries.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I read the support file instructions but I don't think that's my problem. There just aren't any texture files in the packages I purchased that I can transfer to a cloned aircraft. The TEXTURE folders are empty.

I have a different problem. I have the livery textures alright, but when I follow the instructions it gives me an "initialization" error and I have to settle for the default Continental texture of the aircraft. Has anyone else had the same problem.1. I copied this plane folder: Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM Continental GMAX2. Renamed to: Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX 3. Changed the title of the air and model files to:Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX.airAriane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX.mdl4. Made these changes to aircraft.cfg:[fltsim.0]title=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAXsim=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAXatc_airline=UNITEDui_variation=United5. Copied the livery texture files into the texture subdir.Am I missing anything??

Having a serious dislike for the people at Ariane, I would suggest you search the forums for post's relating to these people.If your looking for pretty, but flies like a dog, be treated with nothing less than the upmost contempt, have a lack service (as you can see in other post's in this thread) and be insulted in the bargain, then yes this is one for you. Consider also there are NO VC, NO SOUNDS and a livery policy that is extortionate. On the other hand there are a number of freeware groups building far superior 737's, wait and save your money. You should remember as there is no panel if you want to use the Dreamfleet panel (superior in every way to Tishma's Russian offering)the expense of this purchase must also be taken into considereration.Last but not least. Buying from Ariane you are funding the same person who tried to take over your hobby with his well documented antics, trademark "simulation", fail to pay your other providers of quality software (using the excuse it did not sell enough,but not produce any figures to back this up) and use pseudo legal threats to many of your fellow enthusiast's.George

Guest hawaiian_flyer

Hey.........Thanks All for the replys. I did not mean to drive you all into the ground asking you to redo the topic. I do appreciate it. I want the plane myself....but..........$16 is a lil much for now. So, im still thinking about it.Once again.............thanks!Aloha!

Guest Roath

I had the same problem but then I opened the zip file with winzip and turned off the "use folder names" option and extracted them to a new folder. Worked OK...Phill Roath

Phill,Thanks a million. You've ended four days of frustration. I was using WinZip Wizard. Once I switched over to WinZip Classic and unchecked the Use Folder Names option, I finally got my liveries!!John