Sign in to follow this  
Guest takeit

MAAM Breifing Time repaint

Guest takeit

Hello 1st ket me say to the creators of the B-25 "Breifing time"AWSOME JOB!!! best B-25 out there.... I was wondering if they would do a repaint of the B-25 from Yankee Air Force?Let me know Thanks for the great planeKevin aka Takeit

Hi KevinThanks very much. 'Yankee Warrior' was one of four B-25's attending this year's World War II Weekend and flew in formation with 'Briefing Time' in the air display. She's a lovely ship, though not as completely restored as our 'BT'.I'm afraid a repaint of 'Yankee Warrior' is not in the cards, though, since she is a rare B-25D which differs from our J model in a number of significant features. Most noticeable is the top turret which is located aft of the waist gun positions, rather than forward as it is in the J. She also had no tail guns. You'll spot several other obvious differences in the photos here...http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/after5.htmlBill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kennethg

What's up with the "smoldering hanger"? I'm also a bit surprised to see them lean a ladder against the wing and actually climb up on it. Isn't that a bit hard on the plane?I didn't know there were any "aft turret" B-25's left. I never realized how different the package guns are mounted between the J and D models, too.

Sadly, the smoldering hangar was all that remained after a tragic fire that wiped out a large part of our sister museum's collection last October. The good news is they were able to save the three jewels of the collection, the B-17 "Yankee Lady", B-25D "Yankee Warrior", and the C-47 "Yankee Doodle Dandy".One supposes they know what they are doing and the ladder has padded rails. :-) The YAF advertise their bird as the only flying D Model in the world, although unless it has recently been grounded, Duxford flew one called "Grumpy", not to be confused with the J model gunship of the same name at the Canadian Warplane Heritage. There are indeed a number of early model Mitchells in existence. Check out this interesting site: http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/regis...istry.html#B-25The external pack guns were a field installation, so they tended to vary quite a bit, in practice.Speaking of early model Mitchells - work continues on our B model. Keep standing by.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kennethg

I didn't know you guys were working on a B model, that's good news. I've got an 1970's vintage reprint of a B-25B pilot's manual, it'll be nice to put it to use. It'll also be nice to see the aft upper and funny, flush-mount belly turrets those models had. I had heard of that fire, but I didn't realize the connection. It was a real rescue mission to save what they did, from what I heard. I was growing up here in San Diego when the old SD Aerospace Museum burned to the ground in 1977 (or was it 78? It's been a long time). Anyway, nothing was rescued from that fire, but it re-opened a few years later and now it's better than what it used to be before the fire.