Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edd1

b-25 - mouse wheel

Guest Edd1

I think most use the mouse wheel for operating the throttle etc; on the R4D. I really miss that on the B-25. Is there a simple remedy for this? ThanksEd Workman

Hi Ed,Funny, no one has ever mentioned that before, and to be honest, I did not realize the throttle mouse control differed on the two planes. Now that I have checked it out, the wheel control is nice, though, I'll admit. I'll put the question to Fred and see what he has to say, since it's a gauge programming issue.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

OK, here's the straight skinny from Fred:"BT never had the mousewheel programming. That was only done for the fs9 R4D. While it could be done for BT, it would properly require reprogramming for ALL the rotational gauge elements, not just the quadrant levers. This modification would also only be applicable to FS9. No small undertaking but if you deem it to be worthwhile I can work on an fs9 gauge update."Since we have a VC upgrade in the works that will make most if not all of BT's controls mouse-controllable, and since that will involve some gauge reprogramming by Fred, I have suggested we hold off on an update until we can combine the whole package. Recompiling the entire gauge set is a lot of work and there's no sense having to do everything twice. So hang in there and we'll see what is practical and possible.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Edd1

Thanks for the reply. The mouse wheel is no big deal as I also enjoy the grab feature for the throttle and RPM, its really more realistic. I find the wheel nice for more real trim procedure. I'll be waiting for the new systems. Thanks againEd Workman