Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrdon

current edition

Guest mrdon

Am I missing anything new. I have the MAAM-Sim 6th edition and I'm reading of a 7th and 8th out. Just want to keep up to date though I don't know how it could get any better:) Yea I do know too. If someone would come out with a set of ski's and maybe jeto bottles for the c-47. That way I could go back on the ice cap from Thule as I use to when I was station there. Doing a great job folks keep it up. Don

Hi Ed,Here's the gen on the recent editions of the Douglas CD:The 6th Edition was the one introduced at this year's World War II Weekend Show and added the D-Day C-47 / Dakota package. The 7th added the already released patch for the two RAF Dakotas to fix switched air files. If you have not already installed "dak_p1_9.zip", you should. It was not long before a 7th Edition customer pointed out, on this forum, that the XC-47C was mysteriously missing. I suspect a limpet mine on one of the floats. So...The 8th Edition put the big floatie back and also fixed the fuel flow scalar on the goons that had somehow reverted to an old beta setting of 0.7. Only the DC-3 Airways fanatics (and I happily admit to being one of them) have noticed or reported this discrepancy in the plane's range. Here's the fix:Open the aircraft.cfg for each MAAM Douglas and find the correct line in the General Engine Data section. The easiest way to do this is to hit Ctrl F to bring up the Find box and type in: flow. Then copy and paste the following line to replace the original:fuel_flow_scalar=0.97That's it. Congratulations, you now have an 8th Edition installation. Of course, if you are a serious MAAM-SIM collector, or just feeling generous, we encourage you to fork out another $34.95 to the museum. You do want one of each edition, right? ;-)Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest mrdon

Hi Bill, Man thats what I like about this site quick answers and can update in a second to the 8th edition. I'll pay for a 9th edition if you put ski's and make jato bottles possible:) for the c-47 that is I spent most all of my time on the c-47 at Thule so it's the best plane that ever flew in my way of thinking. Plan on getting the B-25 next but theres so much that I have to learn about flying since I only worked and flew on the bird and got to take it to the fuel pits a number of times.Anyone ever had to change a tail pin in 32 deg weather? Keep up the great work. Don