Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronquart

NAV/GPS switch for Briefing Time

Guest ronquart

Does anyone know how to activate the non-existent NAV/GPS switch in the cockpit of the B25j? It seems to me some time ago I stumbled upon the solution, but since then I have forgotten what it was....Thanks,RonQ.

Hi Ron. You make it sound like a great mystery. It's all rather clearly explained and illustrated in the User's Manual that came with BT. You will find it on your CD, or you may download a copy in html or PDF format from our Free Stuff page. You can even have it in French, if you prefer! http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/enhance.htmLook in the Table of Contents under Instrument Panels (2D) , GPS Pop-UpBill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest ronquart

Thanks, Bill:Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear as to what I wanted.....I know how to get the GPS up and running for the B25J. On the default aircraft in FS 2004 there is a switch to fly NAV/GPS. When flying a flight planned trip on automatic pilot if you activate the GPS switch the aircraft will fly automatically to the destination of the flight plan. I thought there was somehow to do the same with the B25J.

Guest ronquart

Thanks for your quick comeback...someone back in March of last year said he added the NAV/GPS switch from the Lear Jet to the main panel of the B25J...I sent him a message to get back with me.....I need to know more about how to do that.....

>Thanks for your quick comeback...someone back in March of>last year said he added the NAV/GPS switch from the Lear Jet>to the main panel of the B25J...I sent him a message to get>back with me.....I need to know more about how to do>that.....First let me say I own both the RD4 and the B-25, they are the finest add-ons aircraft in my collection. Thank you to the developers for these works of art.There are two ways to answer your question: The first is to assign a key in the control assignment,

Guest macjack

Well, I must be missing something. I have set the key assignment in the "Radio Commands" section to toggle the Nav 1/GPS switch. When I am using the autopilot and am approaching the GPS course I use the key command to establish the GPS course,but the plane does not turn to the GPS course. Is it the case that I need to have set the Nav 1 Radio first? What exactly is the sequence of events you follow to make this happen, that is the auto pilot will follow the GPS course?Jack McAfee

:) It's worried somebody will paint Boeing or Airbus on its fuselage.I'll leave GPS gurus to answer your query sensibly, though. Can't be doing with such new fangled thingummywhatsits myself. Pretty colours, though, looks nice in my Lear Jet.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]