Sign in to follow this  
Guest saittam01

Force feedback

Guest saittam01

Hello to all,I am very new in this forum and a enthusiastic user of the DC 3. Since I have installed the DC 3, I never used one of the other planes again. So I am flying around Germany, most time at 4 to 5000 feet, enjoing the sight and the sound.Sice a few weeks I encountered a "new" problem. I switched from the Logiteck Joystick with force feedback to the Microsoft Joystick, also with force feedback. The Hardware is o.k., the software is installed properly. With most of the offered planes, the force feedback effect is correct.But flying my DC 3, the joystck is extremely soft, You nearly do not feel while flying any forces. Only when You move the joystick very hard (not very appropriate with the DC 3 :-))), a strong feedback effect can be noticed.Btw: While taxiing there is a clear feedback!Are their any changes that can be made to any of the setup files? Is there any other solution for my "problem"?Sorry for my incorect english,thank You in advance for any help,greetings from Nurember (Germany),Matthias

Guest allcott

You could try copying one of the force feedback sections from the aircrfat .cfg from one of the aircraft that `feel` right to you, and which bear a performance similarity to the DC-3 in the speed ranges.Otherwise, you need FSForce to make FF work even vaguely properly in FS. If you get that I have a custom FS Force DC-3 profile I can share.Allcott

>Otherwise, you need FSForce to make FF work even vaguely>properly in FS. If you get that I have a custom FS Force DC-3>profile I can share.Allcott, I'm sure many would be interested in that. FF is a matter of personal choice, as I know you're aware; I don't use it personally as I don't find it conveys the realism it is supposed to, and to me makes fine adjustments of flight controls very difficult. But I know many swear by it, so if you've got something creative to share then it would be good to showcase that for FF fans.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest allcott

Here's what I use. It was derived from the Heavy Prop ProfileSquare Brackets- (DC3) - Square bracketsID=ProfileAileronForcePoints=0,0,22,22,96,72,151,90,187,97ElevatorForcePoints=0,0,25,12,133,65,164,90,187,97ElevatorWeight=33GroundOps=Complex vibsAileronFriction=50AileronDamping=40ElevatorFriction=45ElevatorDamping=40MechanicalCutoff=42LandingTransition=-300LandingHardBase=60LandingMaxForce=-500LandingMinForce=30LandingWingsLevel=5BrakeStrength=100BrakeVibrationPeriod=80BrakeVibrationStrength=25BrakeVibrationDirection=75BrakeVibrationStartRamp=70BrakeVibrationEndRamp=32GearThumpMagnitude=45GearThumpPeriod=350GearBuffetDuration=-1GearBuffetMinForce=5GearBuffetForce=20GearBuffetBasePeriod=140GearBuffetModulatingPeriod=600CorneringMaxSpeed=50CorneringMaxCrosswind=40GroundOpsGain=1.6This is with an FF2.Allcott

Guest allcott

>>Otherwise, you need FSForce to make FF work even vaguely>>properly in FS. If you get that I have a custom FS Force>DC-3>>profile I can share.>>Allcott, I'm sure many would be interested in that. FF is a>matter of personal choice, as I know you're aware; I don't use>it personally as I don't find it conveys the realism it is>supposed to, and to me makes fine adjustments of flight>controls very difficult. But I know many swear by it, so if>you've got something creative to share then it would be good>to showcase that for FF fans.>>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont>VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways>Team Member, MAAM-SIM>>[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html">target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]Obviously, Mark, we were wrong. Not a single comment! It never ceases to surprise me that simmers concentrate on looks above flying manners. Guess folding seat figure more highly than accurate .air files or control surface responses.The DC-3 has some unique characterisitics that are at least partially brought out by Force Feedback. I wouldn't be without it. Vibration through the stick on takeoff, really heavy elevator forces in out-of-trim condition, muscled ailerons, all enhancing the `feel`.Funnily enough, I prefer flying the DC-3 with the stick than with my CH yoke.Allcott