Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hawk19

New Avenger Screenies?

Guest Hawk19

Hi Bill and Mark,I was just wondering if there are any new screen shots of the up coming Avenger. I was looking at the project announcment page and the screen shots have not been updated since February. I'm not trying to be a worry wart, just wondering. :)Thanks,Hawk

Hi Hawk,Worry not. Progress is being made on the Turkey. In fact, I just returned from a trip to Reading to make my first flight. I captured the sounds I will need, or most of them, anyway, as well as some exterior texture shots for Jan.Jan quickly applied one of the photos as a test texture for the nose and here is the result...http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/tbm_test1.jpgPretty slick, eh? Jan has also done a series of shots showing the wing fold animation. I'll post those on the News Page soon.Incidentally, hope you are coming back to WW2 Weekend this year. I just learned from Russ that among the aircraft attending will be the Avro Lancaster of the Canadian Warplane Heritage, one of only two flying examples in the world. We will also have the only flying BF-109 in North America, as well as a Hurricane and Spitfire belonging to the same owner as the Messerschmitt. Now there is a man with some serious toys! Hope to see you there, June 2,3,4.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest wji

Beautiful work! Congratulations to everyone involved; they are to be commended on their attention to detail.BillP.S. Still checking my mail everyday for MAAM CD-3

Guest Hawk19

Thanks for the replys guys. Bill the Turkey is looking FANTASTIC! That is some mighty find looking texture work. :) I'm really looking foward to flying her. As for the up coming WW2 Weekend I've already put in for my vacation. Last year was my "Rookie" year and I made the mistake of only allowing time to be there on Saturday. This year I'm planning on being there all three days. I was totally blown away last year at the scale of the show. Just way to much to see and do in on day. Can't wait to see the Lancaster and the Messerschmitt. Hope to see you guys there too. :)Thanks a million,Hawk