Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

WR2005 Rules: Fuel Burn

Guest wji

Afer reading the WR2005 Rules regarding fuel burn the thought occured to me how every contestant would be on the same-page considering the vagaries of this amount (fuel burn) as handled by FS2004 and its many different (including addon aircraft) models -- MAAM R4D/DC-3 being just one of them."Pilots will be judged against a baseline set by five skilled pilots for each flight. Being faster or slower than the baseline is not a factor. The absolute difference from the baseline is what counts. The closer a pilot's time and fuel consumed is to the baseline, the higher his or her rank."Not being an expert on the subject I submit the only way to achieve a level-playing-field regarding fuel burn would be for everyone to use the same plane with the same aircraft.cfg: i.e., fuel_flow_scalar, gravity_carburator, etc., set to the same values.What say you experts?Bill

They're a skilled judging panel over there at DC-3 Airways, Bill. Not everyone has the MAAM-SIM aircraft (Wot? We missed one?) so it is necessary to include the option of the square-sided, strangely-windowed, fat-tyred default, LOL. With all its vagaries. I think the majority of entrants do fly the MAAM-SIM lady, however.It's worth noting, by the way, that the fuel flow entry in the MAAM-SIM aircraft's AIRCRAFT.CFG file should read fuel_flow_scalar=0.97If it reads anything else, modify it, to be accurate. Good luck on the rally!Mark Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest wji

Thanks, Mark for your reply"(Wot? We missed one?)"You tell me. I received confirmation of my order September 17, 2005.Bill

Hi Bill,That's entirely too long, unless the dog-sled got lost. ;-) I'm sending you a link to DL the package. Please shoot me an e-mail inquiring about the delivery to: maam@maam.org. I'll forward that to Brenda at the museum and they'll send another CD out right away.Sorry about the delay and thanks for your patience. If it suddenly shows up in the next day or so, let me know.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest wji

Well, that's mighty kind of you, Bill I received it already and it's everything you said it was; it flies like a bird. The MAAM CD is probably sitting in a bag somewhere at Canadian Customs!Anyway, we're off flying the MAAM-DC-3Thanks again,BillCYYJ