Sign in to follow this  

HOW DO I..........................?

When I fly one version of a 757 at idle my engine are at 34%. When I fly another one at idle it goes down to 25%. I know some planes have a hard time bleeding off speed... but wow! What do need to do to tweak the engine settings. Also the speed brakes and the reversers are nil? How do I tweak these settings? Finally is there a really good air model of the 757-200/300 that floating around?TIAJon

Guest Ron Freimuth

>When I fly one version of a 757 at idle my engine are at >34%. When I fly another one at idle it goes down to 25%. Likely the turbine tables in the AIR file were adjusted. 25% N1 is quite low.> What do need to do to tweak the engine settings. There are six turbine tables in jet AIR files. You probably DON'T want to get into this. ;) It looks like the 'Lo Mach' turbine throttle table sets a low CN2 at idle. Or, the table that maps CN2 to CN1 may set a low CN1 at the idle value of CN2.>Also the speed brakes and the reversers are nil? How do I tweak >these settings?>Jon That is easier, there is a 'reverse throttle' setting (parameter 313) that can be changed with Aired. Setting it to "-50" should give plenty of reverse thrust in FS2K2. Ron

When I first started on FS jets I noticed that all the N1 readings at idle are very slow, in fact they are slow even in flight.I am typed in 4 different jet a/c and have yet to see one that idles that slow.In fact at Aspen we would have to push the first engine (straight turbojet, not fan)up to about 80% when cranking the second engine due to the excessive amount of current required (cold weather) to start these engines. If the N1 got down below 50% the engine would hang up, go overtemp and you would have to shut it down like NOW !In RW jet a/c N1 is usually about 50% at idle and 85-90% at cruise.Just a fluke with FS, it really isn't the RW

Guest Ron Freimuth

>In RW jet a/c N1 is usually about 50% at idle and 85-90% at >cruise. 50% N1 is flight idle. On the ground N1 is typically 32%. Ron

Thanks Guys!The plane I'm flying is the 752aa02, it has a nice feel to it.. but I noticed when I made my descents I would speed up with the throttles at idle. We are talking 1800fpm on the vsi! I would cross 10K at about 287. I am now very reserve with the speed during the cruise and I will slow the plane down prior to the final descent. The auto throttles cant keep speed!The spoilers are a joke! and the TR will have you overrunning the runway! Still, its fun to fly. IRL does the 757 have these problems? I remember my ground school instructer telling me they are notorious for wake turbulence. And its been sooooooo long since I been in a jet simulator!TIAJon

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Thanks Guys! >>The plane I'm flying is the 752aa02, it has a nice feel to >it.. but I noticed when I made my descents I would speed up >with the throttles at idle. We are talking 1800fpm on the >vsi! I would cross 10K at about 287. I am now very reserve >with the speed during the cruise and I will slow the plane >down prior to the final descent. One descends in a 727 at zero to -2 deg pitch, depending on weight. N1 should be set to about 55%, there is drag from the 'air ram' effect at lower RPM's. Most jet transports decend around 280 to 300 kts IAS, 2900 fpm above FL 200, 1900 fpm between FL 100 and 200. That puts them on a 3 degree slope. >The auto throttles cant keep speed! One of the numerous programming errors in FS2K2 that MS refuses to fix. >The spoilers are a joke! and the TR will have you >overrunning the runway! Still, its fun to fly. IRL does the >757 have these problems?>Jon I don't know about 757's. But, all jets in FS2K2 have the same problems: lousy autopilot, incorrect SPD hold when altitude, winds, or direction are changing. Ron

that may be true in FS but not in RW a/c32% in a turbojet is a hung start, I should know, I spent 21 yrs looking at them.