Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

ADF fractional frequencies

Guest wji

I searched this forum for 'fractional frequencies' and came up nada. Could someone tell me how to tune MAAM DC-3's ADF to fractional frequencies? Thnx.Bill, WR2005

If you have FS Navigator, Bill, you can set them using that. The MAAM-SIM R4D-6 radios are replicas of the real thing and that does not have fractional switching.My 'IFR' modification for the MAAM-SIM panel does, of course, as that uses stock Bendix radios. File name is DCAMAAM4.zip.To my knowledge, which is limited, fractional NBD frequencies are rare if not non-existent in the States, but more common in Europe and elsewhere, right? Presumably theMAAM R4D-6 as fitted out was not required to fly in these areas. Or, just has/had to ignore fractional NDBs!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest wji

Thanks, Mark, for your reply and all you do to make MAAM DC-3 flying more fun. Norm Hancock, Sr VP DC3 Airways, has (since) posted an ADF work-around (using the 'a' key) over at the WR2005 site which I'll try; the need for fractional frequencies arose in conjunction with some World Rally fights. As a realworld instrument rated pilot I'm naturally flying the six missions using the realistic, default MAAM DC-3 panel but have d/l your panel and will give it a try. Thanks again for your help.P.S. DCAMAAM5(five).zip

<<<<>>>>>My panel is not unrealistic, Bill. It represents a typical DC-3 layout of today where the Sperry has been removed, standby radios have been installed and avionics upgraded. I also provide a version retaining the Sperry. The only unrealistic part of the panel is that I have moved the fuel gauge over to the captain's side for FS convenience, together with certain indicator lights. There are also such hidden niceties as timers and a CD player, but you don't have to use those.For reference, the default MAAM-SIM DC-3 panel is as found on the particular R4D-6 on which it was based. The original real-world DC-3 panel had no VOR or DME equipment, only a radio compass and radio range equipment. When I finally get to release my FS9 version of "Betsy" based on the MAAM-SIM model, that is how she will be configured. She'll also have a sextant and driftmeter on board to make things easier! And certainly, no GPS. Don't want to confuse people ...MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href='http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html' target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest wji

" . . . and will give it a try." I did and it does. A wonderful work of art, Mark. Thanks for the M.B. panels. I got them installed and they are a good additions to an already great plane. I really like the look and feel of the Sperry (with most of the good stuff hidden in the overhead). Thnx for all your work. Now, back to WR2005.