Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

DC3 ctd with Active Camera - please help

Hi Folks,I'm having a problem with two of my most favorite addons when I try to use them together (MAAM DC3 and Active Camera). Both of those addons are excellent by themselves. If you haven't tried Active Camera, I strongly recommend you do so, with their demo version (www.anticyclone.be). Many times when switching views (S key) while flying the DC3, I get a Microsoft error message and a crash to disk. The error message indicates that a problem has happened and it will have to close FS9. It asks if I want to send an error report to MS and I never do. The error message further indicates that the problem has to do with panels.dll.This problem only happens with the DC3 while the Active Camera is loaded. When I temporarily remove the Active Camera dll from /modules, I don't get the error. The problem never happens with any other aircraft. I also own MAAM's B25 but haven't loaded it yet since I reinstalled FS9, so I don't know if that's an issue as well.Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Howard,I have not experienced or heard of this problem before. In fact, we agree with you about Active Camera and you will find a recommendation and link to it in our manuals.Has anyone else had this sort of crash with the program?Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

No, I have never come across the problem with our aircraft specifically and have not heard of this from others either.But .... do make sure you have the right version of Active Camera installed. The latest is 2.1, and you do need to have the appropriate edition depending on whether you are running FS9 or FS9.1 (i.e. have applied the MS patch). If you are running the wrong version, then you may well get this error with some aircraft.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Thanks for the info folks.I did download the correct version of AC, but there was a problem registering. To make a long story short, Serge at AC was very helpful and he made a special .dll as I have WinMe. With WinMe the normal .dll wouldn't allow me to register. Then he sent me a version of the fix .dll for Win98 as the normal fix version wouldn't work on my WinMe system either.AC as we agree, is an excellent addition and now that I've used it for a while (especially in VC)I couldn't do without it even with the limitations I've discovered.Aside from my DC3 ctd I can't get Approach View to work. I'm still in contact with Serge who has been helping me. Anyway, I still fly the DC3 without AC installed and also fly it with AC installed, but I remain in the view it starts with (VC).Have a good one.Looking forward to more fantastic work from you guys. I also have the B25 and the R4D. Loads of fun.Howard