Sign in to follow this  
MM

DC-3 Upgrade...

Hello,I've just read in an another forum that the upgrade will be released during the WWII Weekend (June 2-4).Is that correct? Can somebody (from the team) confirm that? :-)GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Guest Jakemaster

Well I would believe it because the one who said this makes the model (Jan)

Yes! It's true, the release of the DC-3 Upgrade will be made to coincide with the big Mid-Atlantic Air Museum World War II Weekend Show, June 2. Also, in case you have not figured it out by the deafening silence, the TBM project will not be ready for the show, or for some time yet. I'll spare you the gory details, but one reason for this is some health issues on the team over the past year, now on the mend, thankfully. Lucky for us that Jan was able to carry on with the model upgrade so we will have something new to offer at the show, as is our custom. We hope to get back in gear on the Turkey right after the show.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Jakemaster

So it will be available for download on the second or will we have to wait a few days?

Guest graaant

Bill and all:Great news ... congratulations! And may your respective health issues clear up speedily.Best wishes to all,Grant

The aim is to get it uploaded for release no later than June 2. Cross your fingers, toes, and other spare appendages against last-minute gremlins.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Jakemaster

Great news! Everything is crossed! This is the PERFECT way for me to celebrate the end of my Junior year of High School!

Guest foreigndevil

Great news! Thanks!

Guest vfr_canuck

you just made my day! Heck... my week! I am just mad I missed this by a few days.Any chance we can get some sort of preview of the package (or feature list) like you did prior to the C47 expansion? Just to make the waiting easier!VFR_Canuckhttp://bryansblog.lumacs.caMy hangar: Flight1 PC-12, MAAM DC3, Carenado 182 RGII, Carenado 206 Stationair, RealAir SF-260, Dreamfleet A36 (with Turbo kit).

It falls to me to let all you worthy friends and supporters know that we didn't cross enough fingers.....Any of you who have ever put a stand at a show together probably know just how much work it is to plan, organize and execute such an event. Bill Rambow is 'it' when it comes to coordinating all this for the forthcoming MAAM WWII weekend; those other MAAM-SIM volunteers like myself who manage to turn up for the show itself do their bit, yes, but escape much of the drudgery and effort.Well, the gremlins have hit. Just when Bill was quite busy enough doing all this, and pressing hundreds more disks (all done manually at MAAM-SIM) for the show, he has had major computer and connectivity problems. I shan't bore you with details; the bottom line is that there's just no way he, and we, have had the opportunity to put the finishing touches to the C-47/DC-3 upgrade this week. There's nothing worse than releasing stuff under pressure, and so we've come to the reluctant conclusion that we must hold on releasing anything at all until after the show when we have regrouped, recompiled, retested and recovered. Not our style, as we like to offer something new at the WWII event every year .... but our fate, this year, it seems.Bear with us. What this does mean is that we'll take just a little more time to pull all the strings together to give you a meaningful upgrade when we do release it, with more content than originally envisaged and with the promise of more to come.And what new features can you expect? New models offering repainters more base choices, with considerably more 'clickability' in the VC which is where the bulk of further development work has been undertaken; animated pilots; nav station and more. The 'look' of the MAAM-SIM Gooney has been improved with new treatment of the front end cockpit area; and Jan Visser has a couple of 'to-die-for' paints ready for you. For my part, I continue to press on with my detailed work on "Betsy", Cathay Pacific's first aircraft, which will eventually be released with the fifteen paints of her life, hundreds of flight plans and some panel mods you'll have lots of fun with. Should there be one of two of you whose immediate reaction is "Oh heavens ... this really isn't good enough ... another delay..." please remember that all enhancements that the MAAM-SIM volunteer team work on are free add-ons to the base package, which itself is sold solely in support of the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. We try, we just can't make the timeline sometimes. A few of our key members have been bothered with health issues recently, too, which has held things up considerably, but like the Gooney we soldier on, and we're still flying. So, talking of which, who's going to make this weekend in Reading? We're looking forward to meeting as many of you as can make it.More soon. My apologies for any disappointment, but we will deliver. Just later, that's all.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Thank you for what you and the crew at MAAM-SIM do for us!! I'm just a recent customer and... I'M IMPRESSED with all the support and interest this group has around it's product. I thought the default DC-3 was cool, but this has gone to a new level that I didn't know existed till I thought, what the heck it's only 30 bux. Thank you folks keep up the good work and I'm sure a little delay in your "FREE" upgrade won't be as big a dissapointment to your customers as you think. Best wishes for your show.. and don't sweat it :)George "Alky

Guest Dominique

no need to apologize Mark, we see that's you're busy enough doing the upgrade ! That is very much appreciated.More clickability is very good news ! One thing which really bugs me off the C47 though is that the yoke prevents to see some important gauges. I don't see anything in your post about having an intermediate model like with the DC3 with no yoke visible in the VC. I hope that Jan could do it...Dominique

We can wait. It's already a great add-on, the update will even make it better. But even without the update it's still perfectly flyable, without any problems but my own inabilities. Have a great weekend!