Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tygershark

Preview Martin's air charter textures for Dc-3 cargo

Guest gsm1adams

Hello, Bear with me as this is my first time to post in a forum.I use this picture of Duggy Air as my desktop wallpaper.This is my suggestion for a repaint!N1XP (cn 4733) Everybody loves Duggy! His mission is to educate kids about vintage aircraft & aviation. Duggy was born Sept. 20, 1942 into the US Army Air Force, serial# 41-38630. Also served in the Australian 5th Air Force (VHCDR) and Canadian Coast Guard (C-FDOT) before being restored.http://tinyurl.com/8kmatR/Skip

PH-DDZ lookin' good! Well done.Duggy will happen, hopefully. I was going to do her myself in due course but I've been beaten to it! Just as well, I have too much in my in-tray as it is ... :) MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Tygershark

Hi.When i was doing some research for this and some other Dc-3's, i came across pictures of Duggy and i couldn't agree more, it's a lovely aircraft and it would be a great subject for a repaint. If fact, i have one here at the moment almost ready for uploading, but unfortunate i couldn't get permission from Duggy's owner. We mailed a few times, but i got the feeling it was going nowhere. One problem was that Mr. Carley knew next to nothing about the Fs community and aldo i'm fairly good at Englisch (i'm Dutch), i'm no expert in it and the idea of spending several evenings explaining everything to him didn't appeal to me, specially when there is still a big change that he will say no at the end. So in the end i decided to just drop the whole idea, evendo that meant that i could never share the textures with someone else. Regards, Albert

Guest Javis

Well done, Albert ! Nice to see the DDZ back again in FS9! Eventually i'll refurbish the current C-47 glider tow tail version with upholstery and pax seats, might even do a special to fit your lovely DDZ texture set. Would be great to have the DDZ cockpit back in there as well,h

Guest Tygershark

Hi Jan.This a nice thought, but "just" a converted C47 with glider tail in itself is allready a great addition, and with a fleet that has grown from the original 3 to 7 variations you have allready very spoiled us so we shouldn't be to picky. Hope i can let my textures match the quality of the dc3 models and some the other texturesset out there. Soon as i can i will post a few more pictures so people can commited on them and maybe give me some tips for improvement. I only hope i don't get lost in endless experimentation. Groeten, Albert.

Guest jaapverduijn

Ha die Jan!I've been pottering about with Panel Studio and lots of other things until I got your ancient but still great DDZ 2D panel working in the passenger version of the MAAM DC3. A few things had to go, some other things had to be replaced, yet others I'm still breaking my head over, but I can fly her now with my favorite panel... and that is STILL your old DDZ!And now it's waiting for Alberts MAC/DDZ repaint becoming available. Why does time move zo verdomde langzaam (grin)?!Groetels,Jaap.

Guest Tygershark

Hi Jaap.Sorry for the delay. I toke a little sabbatical around the HCC days to play around with some things i got like flightdeck 3, but after that, i had some problems to "start-up" again :-zhelp ( all that was left was the boring stuf).But that the moment i'm buzy again written a little document about the DDA, PH-DDZ and Martin Schroder, and if all goes well the textures will be uploaded in the weekend.Groeten, Albert.:-samurai

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks Albert, I'm looking forward to the MAC livery!Take it easy mate, een dag meer of minder maakt ook niet uit!Groeten,Jaap.

Guest dakotapaul

Albert, I think the DDZ turned out just fine! I work/fly on her (and -PBA) as a volunteer mechanic and don't see anything wrong with the repaint!! Or is it the miniscule "Painted by Fokker"-text that is missing from the tail section? ;-)As you mentioned, only the model is not exact. F.i. she has a different antenna set-up, cockpit and some more details. But they are... well, just details.In fact, I just finished the "Great Australian Air Rally" (GAAR) 2006 with her in a special 'GAAR 2006' outfit. Do check out http://www.bluegrassairlines.com/ for details and some screenshots.(one attached)One thing about your upcoming PH-PBA repaint: please note that this DC-3 has the original military long-shaped filter carburator intakes as used on one of MAAM's Skytrain models. But I guess you have already spotted this... Can't wait for our "Royal" PBA!! Kind regards,Paul vd Berg/ DDA

Guest Tygershark

Hello Paul.Thanks for the compliment, it's nice to hear from people that they like my repaint, specially if it is someone who works on the real DC 3's, and i will do my best for the PBA. I don't know yet if i will use the C-47A model, it depence on how the textures are applied. Unfortuned new paintings can sometimes give undesirable side effects, but if it looks good i will make a separate textureset for the C-47AI must confess that i haven't done must yet. Being interested in a lot of thinks, it makes me jump from one thing to another, like the new Concorde form SST-SIM, but i consider this mail as a wake-up call to pickup the virtual paintbrush again. Soon as i got something to show i will post a preview. Hopefully it won't be to long.Kind regards, Albert Vermeule.