Sign in to follow this  
Guest airbn506

Some R4D Questions

Guest airbn506

Hi allmy first post here and i have a few questions.1 just got the 8th edition cd, GREAT!!I LOVE ITbut, i have no 3d switches in the VC and i can't drag any levers?is there a fix for this?2 i got the jungle skippers repaint and tried to instal it. It does not show up no matter what i do. Is there a fix for this too?other than that great planei don't think i will ever fly any thing else again!!

>1 just got the 8th edition cd, GREAT!!>I LOVE ITHi Airbn. Thanks on behalf of the team!>but, i have no 3d switches in the VC and i can't drag any>levers?>is there a fix for this?The switches were not all switcheable in the VC in the original release (or the edition you have, come to that). I am afraid people expect a lot these days, so I understand your use of the word 'fix' but it's actually inappropriate here as such switching was never intended! That said, the very latest version of the MAAM-SIM DC-3, as yet unreleased but in the beta stage, will have much more switchability in VC mode; importantly, including the throttle quadrant, cowl flaps, lights and so on. You will be able to start the aircraft from VC also. This will be a free upgrade to existing owners such as yourself.>2 i got the jungle skippers repaint and tried to instal it. It>does not show up no matter what i do. Is there a fix for this>too?>Ah, that word again ;-). Jungle Skippers is a third party repaint, and if you have followed the instructions correctly, should install fine. I suggest that you try again, carefully, and repost if you still have problems.>other than that great plane>>i don't think i will ever fly any thing else again!!Good man/lady! And good luck!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest airbn506

Thanks for the quick responce. i guess fix was the wrong word i will b on the lookout for the updated versionas for the repaint i tried again exactly like the instructions said, still its a no show. i tried on every model but nothing.any ideas?

Hi againI have now downloaded the paint myself to check and have to say that I don't find the instructions that clear for a new user.Try this:1. Unzip the file 'jungle_skipper_c47.zip' to a temp folder. Presumably you have already done this.2. You will find there a folder named 'texture.aaf'. Move this to ..../Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/MAAM-SIM DC-3 Cargo/3. Within the 'MAAM-SIM DC-3 Cargo' folder, open the AIRCRAFT.CFG file. If you have not done this before, back it up first.4. Insert the following section after the 'fltsim.1' section and before the 'General' section:(fltsim.2) ....... important: use square brackets, not mine, then delete this commenttitle=Douglas C-47sim=MaamSim_DC3model=Beapanel=sound=texture=aafkb_checklists=checkloaderkb_reference=DC-3_refatc_id=316118ui_manufacturer=Douglasui_type=C-47ui_variation=Jungle Skippersatc_heavy=0atc_airline=Armyatc_flight_number=103description= "Old Skywagon" is a fictious plane, that carries the markings of the 39th Troop Carrier Squadron. The 39th served in the Pacific theater during WW II. In late 1944 and early 1945 the 39th made the long jump back to the Philippines with General MacArthur. The first step was to Leyte. While at Leyte the 39th participated in the paratroop assault against the highly fortified island of Corregidor in the mouth of Manila Bay. Because of its tiny drop zones, this mission has been called the most difficult assault in airborne history and earned the 39th its second Presidential Unit Citation. Plane by MAAM www.maam.org . Repaint by Stephan Demmelmeier.5. Save the file. Your aircraft should now appear in the aircraft selection menu under manufacturer: Douglas and type: C-47.Let us know how you get on.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest foreigndevil

Are you looking among the MAAM C-47 variants? Don't look for it under the MAAM c-47. It's a separate entry in your aircraft list.

Guest airbn506

do you mean under manufacturer or under douglas?

Guest foreigndevil

I can find mine under: manuf.: Douglas; a/c model: C-47; and then look for the variation. I hope it works for you.

Really hate to dig up a five year old thread, but I am having the same problem installing the Jungle Skipper repaint also. Followed the directions and nothing. I also installed it after the patch if that means anything. Oh yeah, FS2004.

Really hate to dig up a five year old thread, but I am having the same problem installing the Jungle Skipper repaint also. Followed the directions and nothing. I also installed it after the patch if that means anything. Oh yeah, FS2004.
That's OK. It's an oldie but a goodie, apparently. I took a look at "Rattle's" instructions and I think maybe I see where the confusion is coming from. The important point is that the texture entry in the aircraft config must match the name of the relevant repaint's texture folder. You can use a sequential number, as Rattle suggests, changing both the Jungle Skipper's texture folder name and the aircraft.cfg texture entry to match. But I would suggest that you leave the folder name as is and copy and paste the section below into the Cargo DC-3 (not the C-47) aircraft.cfg. Remember to change the [fltsim.x] to the next sequential number and save the editted file. [fltsim.x]title=Douglas C-47sim=MaamSim_DC3model=Beapanel=sound=texture=aafkb_checklists=checkloaderkb_reference=DC-3_refatc_id=316118ui_manufacturer=Douglasui_type=C-47ui_variation=Jungle Skipperatc_heavy=0atc_airline=Armyatc_flight_number=103BTW, how about a first name, at least. We are a friendly bunch here at MAAM and call-signs seem so impersonal. :-)

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Name is Greg, BTW really appreciate what you all are doing. Anywho...I followed the instructions, and all I see in the variation for the DC-3 cargo is the BEA model. Had this installed before, now after a re-install can't get it to show up. Really liked this skin.

Name is Greg, BTW really appreciate what you all are doing. Anywho...I followed the instructions, and all I see in the variation for the DC-3 cargo is the BEA model. Had this installed before, now after a re-install can't get it to show up. Really liked this skin.
Well met, Greg.Hmm. Copy and paste your aircraft.cfg in a reply.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org