Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jakemaster

Repaint Request

Guest Jakemaster

Even though Im still waiting for mine to arrive, I started downloading textures to install on it. The one texture that I really want is no where to be found: Duggy! Duggy is my favorite plane. He always brings a smile to my face. There is a texture for the default DC-3, but sadly, it is not accurate because Microsoft uses mirroring textures, so the D on the tail and the Duggy on the bottom are imposible to texture.I have some repainting experience, but nothing near what would be required to paint this plane.So I was wondering if someone could crank it out. It shouldnt be too difficult for a talented painter, hes really just yellow with text and a smile.Thank you in advance.Heres Duggy: http://www.duggy.com

He, he....that was a cute one!!!:-sun1 Sadly I don't have the MAAM DC-3.(If I had, I would have done the job...)But the paint looks quite simple....don't think the job should betoo complex....

Guest Jakemaster

Normally I would do it, but with the photoreal textures of the MAAM DC-3, I cant because I use MSpaint to do my texturing

Jakemaster, there's a version available for the default, but the owner has made it clear to those that have asked that he doesn't want his plane painted; for the moment, at least. So, knowing that, the aircraft is best avoided for the present. Pity, I know, but that's how things stand.MarkEDIT: While you are waiting for your bird to fly in, go and get yourself a better paint program if you want to get involved in this later. MS Paint is very restrictive indeed. You don't have to go out and spend money, there are a number of freeware, or trial, graphics editing programs out there. They come stuck to magazines, often enough. Good luck!Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest wji

"They come stuck to magazines, often enough"Good advise, Dad . . . ah, er, Mark :-)Any paint program supporting Layers should work quite wellHaving said that, I use the best: Photoshop, after moving up from FREE-Pixia].Remember:[/b Add see-through paint with Hybrid Layer in Pixia v.3.3Good Luck

Guest Jakemaster

I cant get it! Theres no full english download from what I see. Any help?EDIT: Nevermind

Guest iflyc77

Well, your in luck :) this is the first thread I went to after I registered :) Its not quite done, but I started it a few months ago and I am in contact with Mitch (owner) and should be done real soon. :) I plan a USA tour from its home base just like the ones I did from the "real" FS varients of the B-25 and C47 from your awsome scenery.Hope you like!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138316.jpg

Guest iflyc77

Oh and dark, I did'nt kow that he did'nt want it painted. I emailed him asking for some fonts and he was real helpful, sent me a bunch of pictures (even the .jpegs they sent to the paint shop) and I sent him some previews like this. So you can expect this one to be VERY accurate :) Even said he would post it on duggy.com and make me a friend of Duggy on thier webpage :)

>Oh and dark, I did'nt kow that he did'nt want it painted. I>emailed him asking for some fonts and he was real helpful,>sent me a bunch of pictures (even the .jpegs they sent to the>paint shop) and I sent him some previews like this. Great! I welcome it, and good for you. Maybe he gave up saying no, as I know a couple of people had asked before. Looking forward to your work.MarkP.S. I know you're not finished, but watch out for those de-icing boots ... looks like you included them when you recoloured. Also prop colours, etc. There are a number of small details on the plane you'll want to include too, I'm sure. Looks like there may also be a small issue with the flap parts showing through from the underside, given your yellow paint highlighting this ... maybe recolour part of the flaps interior selectively?Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Jakemaster

WOW! Thank you so much! One problem though, you didnt do the Duggy on the bottom. Unless they painted over it, Duggy has a big "Duggy" painted on the bottom running between the engines in the same style as the "Duggy" behind the cockpit.

Guest iflyc77

I know, but the texture mapping made it impossible (mirroed) Sorry ;)

Guest Jakemaster

Okay, thats too bad. Also, the logo towards the back is different. Im working on fixing it, but it should be the Sky Reach logo, not the duggy logo.Thanks again! Jake

Guest iflyc77

Ahhh, but that is where my contact with Mitch shines :) Duggy is in the paint shop right right getting that new logo on and the Skyreach one removed :) Trace