Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jakemaster

Clickable VC

Guest Jakemaster

Is it clickable? For some reason I cant click ANYTHING in the VC of the DC-3, and Im a little upset because I only fly from the VC.

Jakemaster, my friend,It would appear from your post that your disk has arrived. That's one part of your problem taken care of, then! :)Secondly, a number of the instruments in the VC are clickable; spend a little more time looking around. However, the throttle quad and a number of the switches are not; but a further upgrade of the product is due soon that will give you much more clickability in the VC, and will include throttle quadrant controls, cowl flaps, most of the overhead, etc.There is so much to learn about flying your new acquisition that I suggest you concentrate on that first until the upgrade comes your way; then at least you'll know WHAT to click when it arrives! Learn the proper starting procedures and so on; everthing is comprehensively covered in the manual.If you are a jump-in-and-whack-the-throttles-forward type of guy, of course, you won't appreciate the full range of detail and accuracy in this model; but I do suggest that you explore her thoroughly. She's a beaut to fly when you know how. And if you fly her properly and don't call up the GPS every five minutes (which very few DC-3s have, but which we included for those who wish it in FS) then you'll probably find the 2D panel more useful than you think when flying IFR in difficult conditions, or in immersive multiplayer environments. Good luck, and welcome to the gang!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Jakemaster

I am in no way a jump in the cockpit and fly guy. When I fly, I try and do it as realistically as possible. I still have to learn how to start it, I cant quite figure it out. But I watch all my speed, do all the engine management to set it up, and I make perfect landings (which, from what Ive heard is pretty good). I also get more involved as far as improving the plane: Later I can post how to boost FPS in the VC, which I did and now I get smooth sailing in the VC. I use the GPS in lieu of maps and other navigation tools that I would have in real life. Part of the reason why I love these old planes like the DC-3 is because they present a challenge. Learning how to handle them is difficult, but once you do, it is very rewarding. Cheers,Jake