Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edd1

Fuel System C-47, R4D, DC-3

Guest Edd1

When looking at the C-47 fuel distribution diagram it appears, by proper valving, you are able to crossfeed from one fuel tank to another. The explanation is not clear whether the valves are manually or electrically operated nor do I see a transfer pump control. Also the 2D panel shows a fuel tank selector gauge with 4 positions that operate, but in the VC position the same 4 positions are shown plus an OFF position.All this came about because I lost an engine, during flight, due to an empty tank and couldn't figure out how to cross-feed from another tank (if thats possible. My question, is it possible and how do you do it? If not, OK. ThanksEd Workman

Guest Edd1

I don't normally talk or reply to myself, but I must clear my ridiculos post. I must have been having a senior moment when I was experiencing the problem. Some reading and research was all I needed. Forgive the post.Ed W.