Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Shorted out yoke :(

Well, I think my old CH Yoke is dead :-( Yesterday, I walked across the carpet sat down, touched my yoke, got a shock and heard a pop, now the buttons don't work correctly, and some not at all. I've tried unhooking, re-calibrating, etc to no avail...I guess its time to get the new CH Yoke...where is a good place online to buy one from? Thanks!Danny (Fiveholer) :-jumpyKTUL-Tulsa, Oklahoma900MHz AMD AthlonABIT KT7-133A MotherboardCrucial 640MB PC-10030GB Maxtor 7200RPM64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 40.72 Drivers @ 1280x1024 @ 2X AAKDS 19" Visual Sensations MonitorWindows XP Professional

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Here is a link to the best place I have ordered from for CH Products that is inexpensive and they ship FAST & right now for about $8 more you can get IL2 with IT!http://www.provantage.com/fp_37248.htmDon't know how you could have shorted out a plastic yoke though! That is very strange. Better make sure your USB port is ok before you go buying another yoke.

Something made a popping sound...it is the old gameport yoke, its not USB, so thats not it, my dad said something about opening it up and having a look for burn marks or something, I'm not eve aware you can get into it...I've had this thing for years, it wouldn't be bad to get a new one anyway :-)Danny (Fiveholer) :-jumpyKTUL-Tulsa, Oklahoma900MHz AMD AthlonABIT KT7-133A MotherboardCrucial 640MB PC-10030GB Maxtor 7200RPM64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 40.72 Drivers @ 1280x1024 @ 2X AAKDS 19" Visual Sensations MonitorWindows XP Professional

Guest Frank Betts

I've had my serial port ch yoke, Pro throttle and basic pedals for years. Lots of miles on them. I took the yoke apart and cleaned the pots. I also replaced the cable coming from the Pro throttle. Got all my parts from Ch. Haven't had a problem since. Quick delivery on the parts by the way. And the Yoke is very simple to look into. I just took a digital shot of the opened assembly so I could remember where everything goes