Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

hey Mark a Q about the paintkit

Guest Dominique

First thank you for the great paintkit ! Appreciated...Could you tell me in which template are these tiny antennas (bits of stuff :)) on the top on the fuselage ? Am I blind or what ?image17iy.jpg Another Q maybe, I suppose that the templates work for all the models alike, DC3, R4D and C47 ?A preview of the work in progress :)(a lot of small corrections still to do...)http://forums.netwings.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3454D

Which model is that you're using for that paint, Dominique?If I recall, in the original cargo model those vents were untextured, given that the BEA bird had a white top anyway. I only see seven windows in your view (BEA has eight on starboard) but I see no gunports so I think that is the model you are using, right? You'll need to use the C-47 model to get rid of those, I think.Scoops, vents and antennae are coloured on the r4d_entrance.bmp in most cases, anyway. Have a look at that and experiment.Jan may comment further but I think that's your problem there. There will be a further cargo version presently, by the way, with seven windows rather than eight which is more typical of most C-47s in service (BEA was a Pionair version).MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Dominique

Using indeed the DC3 cargo because I fly the VC medium-Y (no yoke) model. The C47 has not the option to mask the yoke if I'm not mistaken.Thanks, I'm going to look into this .bmp. Had the same problem with Milton Schupe's Beech... Found vents and antennas hidden in another dxt3 bmp other than the fuselage :-).Dominique

Guest Dominique

MarkThat .bmp contains the masts but not the scoops or the patches below the masts.I tried the C47 cargo model and it does cover these spots indeed. Hope that the c47 upgrade will also make the yoke an option to have a better frame rate and a clear view of the panel (I dont have that nifty sensor on your hat gizmo to move the PoV everybody is talking about ;) I was an addict of the R4D in 2k2 and I thought I was cured. Think again...

Guest Railrunner130

That's the reason I've been holding on to my XC-47C repaints. I'm waiting for a paint kit that will cover those spots.