Sign in to follow this  
Guest tedh

DC3 engine start

Guest tedh

I have just got the R4D/DC3 and it's great. However, I can not start the engines in the start up flights. I have watched the vidoe about five times, read the manual and I reckon I am doing all the right things but I still can't get the engines to fire. I don't know how you prime the engine while turning the props over eight times with a mouse. Obviously, it can be done - i just need someone to tell me how - preferably in sequence.Regardstedh

Tedh,Sorry we haven't had a mo to reply to your first post; even now, I'm just running by (blame new baby taking all my time!) but wanted to acknowledge your support of the Museum.There are a number of posts about starting in this very forum. If you dig about a bit, you may find an answer to your particular issue; if not, we'll go into it in more depth with you.Later, then,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest tedh

Hello MarkThanks for your reply. Will hunt around the forum to see what I come up with. However, here's a strange thing - I can start the R4D -no problem at all it's the two DC3s I can't start using exactly the same procedures that i used for the R4D.Congratulations on the new baby.Kind regardsTed

Guest SPOFF

TED: When I first got the DC3/R4D about a month ago I had this NO "Manual" START problem as well. I've been flying the Navy R4D. IT..The R4D, always starts. Read your post above a little while ago and decided to go flying...in the DC3 Varient, which I hav'nt done since I discovered the R4D very early on.Except for the Float Version, my DC3s won't manual start either. Only the Float Model will start. Tried the "Lite" VC models as well. Still NO START. I thought I had figured out the "original" NO START problem by making subtle adjustments in my starting procedure. Then the allusive solution appeared .....apparently,.. when I "inadvertantly" selected the R4D. IT started.Try knocking your Locked FPS down to 30 and see what happens. I'm running at 35 FPS Locked now and will go back and try 30 again. I don't know what to tell you beyond that. SPOFFEDIT: TED: I just went back to FS and followed my own advice. I cut my FPS down to 30 in the Sim,... Settings, Hardware. IT WORKS. Now I can manual START ALL the planes. Yippee!!!Hope this works for you.

Guest tedh

SpoffThank you for info.I have discovered that if I start up the DC3s at Reading they will always start. So I put them there and then move them to Kingsford Smith. Works every time. I don't really want to change my fps which are running at 59-60fps. In any case I don't know how to do that.RegardsTed

Guest SPOFF

TED: Glad you found a workaround. 60 FPS?? I'm impressed! You must have quite a rig..and running "unlimited" FPS. If you want to try a lower, or locked position for FPS go to the "Create a Flight" page in the Sim and click "Settings" at the bottom, then click "Display", then click "Hardware", and you will see a slider up on the top left of the next page for "Frames Per Second". Drag the slider to whatever value you want. Then go "Create a Flight" at your home airport and see if the plane will start. Once you get it to start, fly it for a couple of days with that setting to see if you like it. You can always go back to what it was before. This is NOT like altering .cfg files like the experts on this board do. By the way, have you installed the "Reading" Scenery that came with the plane? I havn't done that yet. Too complicated. SPOFFDELL 8300, 3.0 Ghz, 2Mb L2 Cache, 800 Mhz FSB/HTATI Radeon 9600 XT 128Corsair 1.5 Gb PC 3200 400, Dual Ch DDR120 Gb Sata HD, 90% EmptySamsung 213T (TFT) 21.3" MonitorMS Force Feedback 2 JoystickWith FPS Locked at 35, it "RUNS" at 34-35 FPS all the time. Higher than 35 FPS Locked and I can't start the MAAM B-25. Very High 20s at BIG airports like Boston. I have a couple of very minor Scenery addons, No addon AI, and nothing else except planes.