Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

DC3 CTD during panning

Hi Folks,I've happily used the MAAM DC3 in FS9 ever since it came out, on what is now my old computer (PIII). I recently bought a new computer (specs below) and I'm having CTD's only with the DC3 while panning in spot mode. So far I've only tried the United Airlines version at various airports (JFK, Malpensa). Here are the details:When I first loaded FS9 and the DC3 on my new computer I was getting CTD's with other aircraft as well as the DC3. I then uninstalled/installed FS9 and carefully added one scenery addition at a time and then would fly and taxi one of the default planes for a while to be sure I'm not getting CTD's with that addon. I also installed other addon planes and once again spent lots of time test flying and taxiing to test for CTD. I didn't get any CTD's during those tests.Then I installed the DC3 and started to get CTD's as follows:So far it has happend twice. Once at KLGA and once at Malpensa.1. Always happens while I'm looking at the aircraft (absolutely beautiful btw) in spot mode. At Malpensa I was able to take off and fly the circuit with no problems - until I was taxiing off the runway.At KLGA (default version) I was taxing for a while following AI aircraft when the CTD happened.2. Always happens on ground in spot view while panning.WHen the CTD happens I get one the famous MS messages that MS has encounted a problem etc. In this case it says that it has recovered from a serious problem. The message doesn't indicated what might be at fault. Also, I checked the event viewer and couldn't find anything relevant. FS9 has been updated to 9.1 and WinXP Home Edition came with the latest upgrade (Sp2 ?) as well.Thanks in advance for your help. I've always loved flying the DC3 and B25, but with a 19 in lcd and more computer power it's even more fantastic.....

Guest wji

My experience indicates that most FS9 C2D is caused by a corrupted fs9.cfg (C:Documents and SettingsYouApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.CFG) or a corrupted AF2_NAME.bgl file.In both instances the suspect files should be removed to a safe place then deleted from the FS9 Directory Tree. FS9 will automatically build a new fs9.cfg on the system.

As Bill indicates, it is almost certainly something to do with other settings or conflicts, not your MAAM-SIM product (us? at fault? surely not ;-) )The only possible reason I can think of for your MAAM-SIM aircraft causing a CTD is if, in your new computer installation, you have neglected to do the FSSound.dll dance, as highlighted at the head of this forum. MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Thanks guys for your information. Since I get lazy at times, I didn't get around to fixing the FSSound.dll thing - sooooo now seems like a good time! I'll give that a try and run some tests. Even with the CTD's I can't get enough of the DC3. Thanks for your help and thanks for DC3 and B25.Howard