Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Folks, wanna see Garmin in Meridian ??

Folks,If you want a full featured, working and REAL Garmin 430 or 530 go to http://www.fsavionics.com/ and take a look at their offerings.I own both the 430 and 530 and both are VERY VERY nice. Since the FSAvionics are using the REAL Garmin Trainer & associated Jeppesen database this add-on is spot on.Bob Lyddy

You have got to be kidding me - they have the interstates on the HSI map mode??!! Umm, this is getting crazy! Count me in on buying this one...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Bob:As I'm sure your aware, the GNS 530 has the ability to fly a fully coupled ILS approach with Vectors to Final.Just wondering if you could enlighten us as to the procedure, and some of the features enabled by the GNS 530 during execution.And I'm interested in which plane you favor using the Garmin.Thanks, and Best Regards!Ben BeverlyLead Beta Test PilotFlight1 Malibu MeridianBen's Hangar

Hmmm. Well I guess you know which one is mine Ben. ;-) The one that comes stock with a full blown Garmin 530 based upon the very same database and trainer program, but it also provides a full HSI / VOR / A/P integration + Meggitt Magic Avionics + STEC Autopilot + Accurate System Logic + highly detailed Gmax model + Sounds + Accurate Flight Model for how much less? Oh well. never mind...:7 I have said too much already. :7Best,Jim Rhoadsp.s. I forgot to mention the RXP Garmin 530 is also a true gauge, not a window and renders perfectly accurate in the VC environment. Dang, I said too much again.. :-zhelp

Hi Ben,I use the FS Avionics Garmins (both the 530 and 430) in the F1 Golden Eagle, Dreamfleet's Cardinal, Eurowings ATR and Bae146, Espen O's awesome Fokker 50, the F1 DC-9, Oleksiy's Dash 8 and Capt Sim's 727-100. Since it is a GPS, there is no reason why not to use the FS Garmins. Still use the FMS in the DF 737, PSS 747, and PIC 767 and the MCDU on the PSS Airbus.Sometimes I use the FSGarmin to drive the autopilot, sometime I simply use heading select and fly the heading the Garmin tells me. The FS Avionics Gatrmins are simply awesome! .. both the FS Garmin 430 and 530This is not to say that I won't love the Meridian when it is published.Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

Hi Paul:When I see statements such as this:"If you want a full featured, working and REAL Garmin 430 or 530..."it really makes me wonder if this GNS 530 will fully couple to FS2002 A/Ps and allow such features as Vectors-to-Final to be fully implemented.Regards, and Happy New Year to you!;-)BenBen's Hangar

Bob,Sounds like the Reality GNS will be no worse (and could be better) than the one from FSAvionics - just looking at clear ultra-sharp graphics makes you salivate - and I am not sure I wanna pay twice ...The only advantage I possibly see in the FSAvionics is the fact that it is modular and can be used with other aircraft .. but I am a weird guy and actually prefer a fully integrated unit. ;-)Michael J.

Guest eko

The FSAvionics Garmin does look great... but it is not a gauge. If you have FSNav, it is the same concept right... a pop up module?I do not own the FSAvionics Garmin, but aside from the interface... what does it do that FSNav could not duplicate. (Truly interested, not just trying to stir up debate... I'd just like to know from somebody who has tried/owns both.)

Hey Tabs,Yeah, the FSAvionics G530/430 has been out for a while and replicates the Garmins about as accurately as I'll ever need!http://www.fsavionics.com/Here I am flying IFR (I Follow Roads):) along State road 19 just North of KATL on my way to Blairsville. That's Lake Lanier I'm flying over.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e0e7ef767b4b7a2.jpgYou can customize how much detail you want in each level of zoom. (This is a real feature of the Garmin). You can use the Garmin in any aircraft you want and it can be moved onto a separate monitor (which is really nice, trust me!)Ok, one more showing the Garmin setting up the ILS 27 into KRYY. It just takes a few button pushes and knob turns to set it all up. It's almost too easy!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e0e81766cb6a566.jpgRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>I do not own the FSAvionics Garmin, but aside from the >interface... what does it do that FSNav could not duplicate. > (Truly interested, not just trying to stir up debate... I'd >just like to know from somebody who has tried/owns both.) You probably won't find anyone that tried both yet. I certainly am not an expert on either unit but if you read carefully all the available info some items stand out as possible differentiating factors (I warn - these are my OWN conjectures).1. Reality's GNS530 is fully integrated with the rest of avionics (autopilot, etc.) - same as on the real Meridian.2. Reality's GNS530 may benefit from Reality's proprietary display system - jaggies-free graphics with silky smooth updates.Michael J.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Michael and all,There would be no reasons the Meridian GNS530 would provide less information / features than any other GPS based upon the Garmin Trainer. Reality XP GNS530 features a real integration of the A/P + EHSI and YES, Reality XP GPSs DO display a correct TRACK... As stated in a press release and on reality xp web site, there is no reason it is not offered as a standalone GPS in a near future too and Reality XP always stated that customers of Flight Line Avionics will automatically be granted the right to get a standalone version at a very competitive price as soon as it is available. Other options will follow shortly after the release of the Meridian. Hope this helps!