Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Folks, wanna see Garmin in Meridian ??

Guest ozhero

Hi,What would be REALLY nice is if the RealityXP Garmin530 can provide GPS input to the Sandle 3308 (SN3308) from Coyote Design (as in real life).Any news on this would be welcome :-)

jerrycwo4Yesterday I thought I was purchasing a program called, FS Garmin 530 (as seen on this AVSIM post)When I installed the program, it was something called, Reality XP Flight Line Avionics V1.20, and does NOT look like the above. I don't have a clue as to what I purchased but it does NOT look like the radio/ gps in the above picture. Does anyone have a clue as to what I bought?Thanks jerryBelow is the 'icon' of the "program" I installed in Fs2002PS Here is a screen shot of the unit I installed ( I think)

Jerry -If you scroll down the page referenced in the first post, under the Flight Line Avionics heading, it says...."...the Meridian GNS ... will be a "limited to the Meridian" gauge but heavily featured. We will later release an upgrade version that could be added to any aircraft. Flight Line Avionics Customers will have the opportunity to purchase the upgrade at a very competitive and attractive price! ... you'll be automatically granted the right to purchase the GNS upgrade when available at an unmatched level of detail, feature and price!"So as I read it sometime after its initial release in the Meridian, you will be able, for a "competitive" price, to upgrade from the v1.2 that you just purchased to the full-fledged GNS530 that will be able to flown in a variety of aircraft.I'll admit its a bit confusing, especially with the presence of even another FSAvionics version (compared above). I will be interested in how the RXP GNS530 can eventually be put in aircraft such as the Seneca V, and how much it will cost.HTH, Steve J.

"Garmins database updates are a subscription base product that is updated on a 28 day cycle.Regards,Jim Rhoads"I know how the database's are updated in the realworld, but I figured it would be different for the sim. So Flight1/Reality XP is actually going to provide a database for Meridian owners to download as each new cycle comes out? If not then you should have a way so the user can edit the database and add approaches as they come out.Jason

>Flight1/Reality XP is actually going to provide a database >for Meridian owners to download as each new cycle comes out? I doubt we in the simulated world would need a 28-day cycle update considering many updates are trivial and insignificant (and most likely you would have to pay for it). Perhaps twice a year would be more than enough for most of us. ;-)Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hi,The SANDEL SN3308 EHSI will be updated to support the RealityXP Garmin530 when the RealityXP Garmin530 is released as a separate product. The upgrade will be a joint effort between RealityXP and Coyote Avionics Design.Ike

Sir,You have purchased the UPS GPS and Radio Stack from Reality XP. I don't believe the Garmin has been released yet. I would suggest looking back at the web page and make sure you didn't confuse the ad for future releases with the purchase of the UPS.Also I think there is a completely separate Garmin done by another company, which may be the one you were looking for. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I do own the Reality XP UPS stack and enjoy it very much, however as I stated before, I don't think Reality XP's Garmin stack is ready yet. Hope this clears things up,Scott Burke

jerrycwo4For sure, I didn't know what I was buying, but that's no problem. I loaded it but then I don't like it. I fly only the Falcon 50 and it's radio stack is a LOT cleaner, clearer, and NOT clutterd as the new one that I just bought. I took it OUT of the Falcon 50. Sorry, I just like the 'clean' lines of the Falcon 50 's radio better. I could NOT find anything (feature) in the latter that would make me want to use it instead of the Falcon's. What uses, if any, do you use it for that the default radio stacks in your other planes doesn't have? Thanksjerry

It is basically used in GA aircraft like the cesna's, pipers, etc. I also use it in the Baron. It is very useful when flying in areas that do not have VORs or NBDs in range, such as in some bush flying. It is somewhat complicated, so if you are just a casual user it may not appeal to you. It is also getting dated as far as new developements go. Reality XPs new Garmin looks to be pretty awsome. Basically it allows the pilot to experiance a real life set of avionics that far exceeds what the default stuff does in the sim. It is an optional upgrade just like in real life.My 2 cents.Scott

Guest UweR

Cool, now we fight "modules against gauges" resp. "FSGarmin against RealityXP" ?The old FlyII against FS2002 became somewhate outworn...My take is that serious simmers simply have to have both, period. Jean-Luc