Sign in to follow this  
Guest BShepard588

Briefing Time

Guest BShepard588

Just got my CD Briefing Time and loaded it on to my computer. I am currently running FS2004. No problems installing and my briefing timefolders are in C:/ just like I wanted. But, I have No planes, No iconLooked under North American, Looked everywhere, No Briefing Time. Deleated and then put it into D:/ No Briefing Time. No flags on installation, everything went smoothly, must be pilot error, Went to the installation page and read that one click on BT_2004 would send all the files to where they were supposed to go. Did this, No Briefing time. Is there a simple way? BShepard588

Guest BShepard588

SAR71 TimThanks for the response. This is the issue in a nutshell. FS2204is in mt D:his appears to be the path for BT_2004. Installed the BT just like the installation said. Checked D drive all the files are there. I also did this on mt C:rogram FilesMicrosoft Games/ Flight simulator 9. On both occasions the files loaded up but, is there a step I am missing because I cannot pull up any BT2004 aircraft onmy aircraft index. Nothing under North American. I know it's some silly step that I am not doing. I have downloaded Wings of Power B-17, 24 etc.. from a disc and it did'nt cause this kind of problem.Anyway I am stiil working on it. But , thanks tons for you gracious and friendly reponse to my (most likely) novice issue Regards Bruce 588

Guest BShepard588

TimYes B-25J Briefing Time is in the Flight Simulator 9 Folder in C: The path is correct. I think this is the jumping off spot. This is where I need the step. Thanks Tim Bruce 588

Guest BShepard588

TimGot the B-25 Loaded but, i had to load it on my FS2002. Was never able to get the file on to FS 2004. Works good on the Fs2002. Misssome of the extras I had on 2004. Anyway Thanks for the Search and Rescue. Keep me posted on any updates. BShepard588

Guest BShepard588

TimGot the B-25 Loaded but, i had to load it on my FS2002. Was never able to get the file on to FS 2004. Works good on the Fs2002. Misssome of the extras I had on 2004. Anyway Thanks for the Search and Rescue. Keep me posted on any updates. BShepard588

Hi Bruce,Are you running the FS2004-updated version of Briefing Time or the original FS2002 version straight from the CD ?For FS2004 there is an update file:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=38901as well as the solid-nose version:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=38922and numerous spectacular repaints by Stephan Demmelmeier:http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/enhance.htmhttp://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/b25_enhance.htmHere is the readme from the Update:"INSTALLATION1. If you have not already done so, install the FS2002 'Briefing Time' aircraft package, "b25j_bt.exe", to FS9. On the third page of the self-install routine, the Directory page, be sure to change the path to read: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9. Note: If you have not used this default installation path for FS9, alter the path to match the path on your system.Caution: You should NOT just copy files over from your FS2002 to your FS9 directory as it is likely that you will miss some required file. Always use the self-installing archive you will find on either the Briefing Time CD or the download version.2. Run the patch "bt_fs9.exe" by clicking or double-clicking it. The new FS9 files will automatically overwrite the old FS2002 ones. Remember to change the directory path if yours is not a default FS9 installation."If you're only running the FS2002 version this may explain why it doesn't appear in the FS2004 listing.Alastair