Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seb

DC-3 Fuel Tank Modifications - Long Range Tanks required

Guest Seb

Good afternoon everybody,For a virtual ferry flight I need extra long range tanks. Does anybody know if there is a possibility to modify the tank configuration?What would be the maximum range without extra tanks? What would be a realistic modification?Any idea?

SebDave Bitzer and I have made a long range tank modification for the DC-3 which simulates pretty accurately the carrying of ferry tanks on the aircaft for longer hauls. We have added 800 gallons capacity to the aircraft, with appropriate tank switching.We will be releasing this for the default DC-3 initially, but I am already testing this with the MAAM-SIM aircraft (of course!). More soon,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Seb

Dear Mark,Well, that sounds very good for me! Can

Guest jahman

>Seb>>Dave Bitzer and I have made a long range tank modification for>the DC-3 which simulates pretty accurately the carrying of>ferry tanks on the aircaft for longer hauls. We have added>800 gallons capacity to the aircraft, with appropriate tank>switching.>>We will be releasing this for the default DC-3 initially, but>I am already testing this with the MAAM-SIM aircraft (of>course!). >>More soon,>>Mark>>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont>VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways>Team Member, MAAM-SIMHowdy!Is the DC-3 with ferry tanks now available for FSX? Where?Many thanks!Cheers,Andrew.

No, not yet, Andrew; in fact not for FS2004, either! But the lady exists... I'll upload soon, I hope.Not sure about FSX yet. There are so many gauge issues when porting to the new sim that all this takes time to test thoroughly.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

I know this is an old post, but I´ll try anyhow: Is there any news about the MAAM-SIM DC-3 ferrytanks that Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumont was planning to create?I have searched a lot of places on the internet, but havn´t managed to find anything.RegardsTheo

I know this is an old post, but I´ll try anyhow: Is there any news about the MAAM-SIM DC-3 ferrytanks that Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumont was planning to create?I have searched a lot of places on the internet, but havn´t managed to find anything.RegardsTheo
Theo, it was done but never uploaded. I'm afraid for many reasons FS has had to take a back seat for me for some time now. When time allows, you'll see more from MAAM-SIM on the DC-3 but I'm afraid I can't give you a firm time right now. Sorry to disappoint... :(Mark

Theo, it was done but never uploaded. I'm afraid for many reasons FS has had to take a back seat for me for some time now. When time allows, you'll see more from MAAM-SIM on the DC-3 but I'm afraid I can't give you a firm time right now. Sorry to disappoint... :(Mark
MARK:Well I´m glad you took the time to answer me. And I hope that you are okay.I´ll sit back and :( look forward to " When time allows" :( All the best to you.Theo