Sign in to follow this  
Guest KevR

DC3 patch

Guest KevR

Hi, I was wondering if there was any news about the R4D package upgrade that would put the switches on the overhead panel in the VC? Thanks.

Almost with you!Initially, this will take the form of some new C-47 models for you with the upgraded features. In due course, the R4D-6 itself will be upgraded similarly, but we're sniffing at what FSX will bring in terms of any compatability issues so give us a little time on that one.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest killerwatt

I know it may be a bit late in the day to suggest this, but would it be possible to add rain effect on the front windows in the VC? Also the choice to remove just one yoke would also be good.

Would you settle for one out of two for now? The rain is, indeed, doing its best to enter the cockpit now in VC mode, thanks to Jan, although we have yet to simulate the real world effect of rain actually going down your neck from the typically leaky cockpit of the C-47.Yoke, no, not yet, but you are not the first to ask for this ... I'll leave Jan to answer whether we might hope for this sometime in the future. Perhaps, should we need to upgrade for FSX ...MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest killerwatt

Thats great Mark. If I had to settle for just one it would indeed be the rain. Keep up the great work guys and thanks for the hours of enjoyment you have already given me.

Guest Dominique

>Yoke, no, not yet, pity really, that's an upgrade I'm looking forward to for the C47 ! If you dont've the IRTrack gizmo it makes reading gauges very difficult...How about the painting of some of the top fuselage antennas in the paint kit ? Anyway thanks for the good work already done

Guest Javis

Stewart,Dominique, >>Yoke, no, not yet, >>pity really, that's an upgrade I'm looking forward to for the>C47 ! If you dont've the IRTrack gizmo it makes reading gauges>very difficult...You know about the initial R4D/Civil DC-3 package having an option to use a Yoke-less version of the VC ? I skipped that option with later upgrades because after asking around about it it seemed that nobody was actually using it... I use GMax to create the models, unlike FSDS there's not much 'display options' to choose from. There is a 'poor man's' way however to get rid of the yokes ( both of 'em, not just one )and that is to make them transparent. You just re-color the yoke's texture parts on the 'r4d_vcl' bitmap with 0,0,0 ( pure black).I might go back and look for a better solution to remove only one Yoke from the VC by a key stroke with the upcoming civil DC-3 version of the upgrade package. >How about the painting of some of the top fuselage antennas in>the paint kit ? You'll find that's all been taken care of. :-cool cheers,Jan

Guest killerwatt

Thanks so much for this Jan, I hope that this release means that the civil version is not too far off.

Hi Jan,Thanks much for the update!And here is another vote for "yoke-less" flight. (Your "remove-the-yoke" model was a great solution. Hope that you are able to work something out for the new DC-3's and FSX.)Again, many thanks for your hard work and great talent.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Dominique

>You know about the initial R4D/Civil DC-3 package having an>option to use a Yoke-less version of the VC ? Yeah I do and always use the yokeless model for those but the C-47is the plane I mostly fly... Being the WB type and all...>I skipped that option with later upgrades because after asking around about it it seemed that nobody was actually using it... See above ;-)> You just re-color the yoke's texture parts on the 'r4d_vcl' bitmap with 0,0,0 ( pure black).Gonna try, thanks, again