Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

C-47 'All-Theaters' Free Expansion Pack

Hi Guys!!!On Avsim main page i have read the news about the Free expansion pack!! ckuicking on the link given in the news i can read evrything about the pack but i am not able to find any placw where to download it from...:)Can u pint me where to downlaod it? Thank you Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,Here you go:"This expansion pack for owners of the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3/C-47 CD includes six new C-47 models of the USAAF, RAF, RAAF and CNAC in liveries from the ETO, CBI, SWPA, and Med Theaters of Operation. The planes feature U.S. and UK paratroop and para-drop cargo effects. The included VC Upgrade incorporates numerous fully functional controls, radio and navigator's compartments and animated pilots. All CD sales proceeds go to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's aircraft restoration programs. By MAAM-SIM www.maam.org"http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=88199Alastair

Guest t-force1

Yippee! It's here It's here!Too bad I have dialup. Downloading now. Play tomorrow (getting late anyway). Yippee! It's here!

Guest ogeva

It will be there, eventually....I got to install again the original CD plus all previous updates - I had to format my PC!Is the version I was waiting for in there? It doesn't seem so...(For the Arkia ex-military plane - with double cargo doors where they drilled a passenger door in).http://online.vatsimindicators.net/825051/142.png

Guest DC3 Pilot

Mark or Bill,Does the 8th edition MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3/C-47 CD include the required "C-47 A D-Day Expansion Pack"? If so, how can I tell if it was installed when I installed the CD? If not, where can I acquire it? Many thanks . . . and I'm looking forward to using the new expansion pack.-- Gary

Guest wji

Roger that, GaryBillReferences cited: MAAM FreeStuff page"C-47 'ALL THEATERS' EXPANSION PACK WITH VIRTUAL COCKPIT UPGRADE FOR FS2004NOTE: Requires installation of the D-Day Expansion Pack (below) if your R4D/DC-3 CD is 4th Edition or older. Newer CD's include the D-Day pack.D-DAY C-47 'SKYTRAIN' and DAKOTA Mk III EXPANSION PACK FOR FS2002 and FS2004NOTE: Included on R4D / DC-3 / C-47 5th Edition CD's, produced after June 3, 2005."

The important part to remember is:5th Edition CD's, produced after June 3, 2005... I have a 5th edition but it must have been produced earlier as noSkytrain or Dakota is on it. No biggie...all the free addons and expansions are readily available at MAAM-SIM. Including the "All Theaters"...link showed up today at the site. Enjoy!!

I too, thank you for the upgrade. Now waiting for the upgrades to the civilian DC-3.Do I sense a change in the flight dynamics with this upgrade? What I mean is that I now "sense" the effects of a crosswind during flight. I now adjust the rudder trim to maintain course and heading. I kept adjusting the rudder between 3-5 degrees and finally settled on a 4 degree right rudder to maintain the heading. I seemed to "see" the ground movement moving crossways due to the wind when in the new VC view.Since I use TrackIR 4, I programmed three buttons on the CH Throttle Quadrant for the following panels; 1)Throttle quandrant (for fine tuning RPMs' and MAP), 2)Electric panel (for tuning radios and other switches); 3)Cowel flap panel (obvious) which I, at this time, find it much easier to work with than trying to do so in the VC.Do love the new environment that is produced though. Thanks again.

Guest Propman

HiRecently down loaded the All Theater Expansion Pack for Maam C-47. It states in the 'info', that it compliments the previous 'D-Day' Expansion Pack. I have got both installed but the cockpit upgrade (Pilot head movements, etc:) only work with the 'all Theater' downloads, not with the 'D-Day' downloads, although its stated (in the info) that the 'D-Day Expansion is required?I know from reading the 'info' that a future upgrade will cover the 'civy' versions of DC-3, will they also cover the 'D-Day' downloads?Propman.