Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Can't select right aux tank in VC

First, I'd like to say thanks for this latest expansion pack. I like to fly from the VC and this really enhances things. I'm looking forward to the passenger versions when they are available.On minor problem I have been having is that I cannot select the right auxiliary tank from the VC. It cycles through right main, left main, left aux. and then off (as the read me file said), but there seems to be no way to select the right auxiliary tank other than from the main cockpit.Bill

I have gotten confirmation that the bug in the fuel selectors happens on more than just my computer. I'm a little surprised that no one from the MAAM team has responded to my post. Does this mean that you do not intend to fix this? I can understand, with your working for FSX compatibility, that you may not have the time but I'd kind of like to know one way or the other.By the way, FWIW, one other item I have noticed about the new VC is that if you change the cowl flaps in the VC that this change does not show up in the 2D panel pop up window. The selectors in that window remain in their original position, which makes it kind of difficult to know what the actual cowl flap position is. I believe this may also be true for the fuel tank selectors, but I haven't checked this recently.I don't intend these observations to come across as complaints, just information for you in case you want to fix it.

I'd like to add my comments to this.I have the same problem too with the fuel tank selector in the VC. If I select the Aux tanks in the 2D panel then when I switch to the 3D panel the red handle is pointing at the "off" position. (Althoughh the tool tip when mouse over the handle says "Left (or right) Fuel Tank Selector (Other)".Plus I cannot make the VC cowl flap switch work. It animates correctly when operated by the key board but the "mouse point, hold button down and drag" doesn't do anything. Mouse over gets the change of cursor from arrow to finger, button down gets the change from finger to fist but the movement has no effect.Otherwise, this update is a real treat. Looking forward to the civilian version too.Regards

>I have gotten confirmation that the bug in the fuel selectors>happens on more than just my computer. I'm a little surprised>that no one from the MAAM team has responded to my post. Does>this mean that you do not intend to fix this?No, it probably means we have a life in the real world as well, Bill! :) We'll just have to stop these free upgrades, I can see ;)I personally have just come out of four hours of chest surgery yesterday so forgive me if I cannot reply sensibly for a day or two. All points made in this forum are noted and we'll discuss them inhouse, certainly; and John, read the README for info on cowlflap control (if I recall ... don't have my files in the recovery ward here).Best for now, will comment as we can,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Javis

Bill,>On minor problem I have been having is that I cannot select>the right auxiliary tank from the VC. It cycles through right>main, left main, left aux. and then off (as the read me file>said), but there seems to be no way to select the right>auxiliary tank other than from the main cockpit.Yes, that's correct, as said in the readme it's best to not use the VC fuel selector. The correct working 2D panel fuel selector is custom made by Fred while the one in the VC is FS9 default which does not have an aux tank option. FS9 default VC switches do not need a so called 'VC ghost panel', major VC performance hitter. Using the 2D panel's fuel switch would've ment another one of these things. So for the moment we have to live with this minor inconvinience.Mind you, will all be taken care of later. There's a trick to use only *one* VC ghost panel while it still will be possible to place gauges scattered all around the cockpit.I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, not for the faint of heart.... :-zhelp John : the cowlflaps switch *does* work in the VC too. Like above it's also an FS9 default switch and requires a little different mouse movement : click on the switch, hold down the left mouse button and shove the mouse up and down rather then left/right.You'll find you can control the switch pretty good this way.You might've noticed the reverse is true for one or two overhead switches ( move the mouse left/right rather then up/down ),sometimes both movements work but one a little better then the other. Hope this helps a bit, guys.Cheers,Jan

Jan - many thanks for the response. I've tried this (as I had before) and while I can sometimes get a "twitch" from the switch I can't actually get it to change cowl setting up or down. Maybe something odd in my video card / system??? (Although I can make the rudder & elevator trim work fine). Still its not catastrophic as I can go on using the buttons on my joystick that I've assigned to this. Thanks for the help anyway.Mark - hope you get better soon. Take it easy; just remember you can't ctrl-alt-delete when the old body blue-screens and there's no instant replay option on real life.:-)

Mark, I think your reply is a little harsh. In the first place, at the time of the original post (7/12) I had no idea about your surgery. I know better than to assume a post will be answered in a day or two, so I waited 6 days before posting again. During that time, other people's posts were getting responses, but not mine. Hence, my puzzlement.Nevertheless, I am delighted that your surgery went well. I always enjoy your posts on this and the DC3 Airways forums and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

>Mark, I think your reply is a little harsh. In the first>place, at the time of the original post (7/12) I had no idea>about your surgery. I know better than to assume a post will>be answered in a day or two, so I waited 6 days before posting>again. During that time, other people's posts were getting>responses, but not mine. Hence, my puzzlement.>>Nevertheless, I am delighted that your surgery went well. I>always enjoy your posts on this and the DC3 Airways forums and>I hope you have a speedy recovery.Thanks, Bill. Didn't mean to come across as harsh, sorry. But we always answer when we can. It's summer getting in the way again ...MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Gosh, best wishes Mark!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1