Sign in to follow this  
John F

Anyone else having this problem with Ariane?

Has anyone managed to successfully purchase and install the 737-300 liveries-only packages for United Classic, Air Holland Classic or Air Holland New? When I unzip them, I get error messages in both Air Holland files, and all three have empty TEXTURE folders.

Ouch...no John, didn't have any empty texture directories. But my textures wont display.1. I copied this plane folder: Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM Continental GMAX2. Renamed to: Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX 3. Changed the title of the air and model files to:Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX.airAriane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAX.mdl4. Made these changes to aircraft.cfg:title=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAXsim=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM UA GMAXatc_airline=UNITEDui_variation=United5. Copied the livery texture files into the texture subdir.Am I missing anything?? Anyone had a similar problem and found a way to correct it?

At least you have texture files. I know Ariane's directions don't mention it, but would it help you to also rename the line inside the model.cfg file?

Guest Van

The easiest way to add liveries to the Ariane 737's or any other plane for that matter is to simply add textures folders to your existing Ariane folder. This method saves much time and confusion not to mention space on your hard drive.All you need to do is put the textures into your new folder ie: texture.1 texture.2 etc and then open up your aircraft cfg and copy all the original info from the [fltsim.0] line into the [fltsim.1] and so on. See example below:[fltsim.1]--number changed to .1title=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM Continental GMAX Paint1--points to texture.1 foldersim=Ariane Boeing 737-300 CFM KLM Abel J Tasman GMAXmodel=panel=sound=texture=1--points to texture.1 folderkb_checklists=Boeing737-300_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-300_refkb_notes=Boeing737-300_NOTESatc_id=atc_airline=CONTINENTALatc_flight_number=1322ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-300ui_variation=ContinentalRegards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Yes, that's the way I was planning to do it, if Ariane ever delivers the textures I've already paid for. They've been ignoring my email.

John,Try re-downloading the files. They might have fixed the problem without emailing you specifically. If you go to the left menu of the site and click the "show old reciept" (or something similar) link, enter your info from your email receipt, you can redownload your textures. Worth a try.Oh and thanks for the tips Van and John...I just put the textures in the same dir like you said as 1, 2, etc. Worked great. No sense in doing it any other way. I don't know why they give such convoluted instructions.Thanks and good luck getting the textures John.

I've tried downloading repeatedly, but the files are still corrupt. And not a peep from their customer support.

The best way to download from Ariane is to use the link in the e-mail they send you. It takes you to the old receipts page, then you enter the appropriate ids and your off. Also, it helps to use the zip extract command when installing the textures, rather than copying or dragging the files to a directory.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Lee, I tried what you suggested but I get a file error message when WinZip extracts. And all I get are a cascade of nested, empty directories. Where exactly should I be pointing the extractor, into the cloned aircraft's main directory, or further down into its texture directory? Have tried it both ways with no results.

John...When you open up the file in Winzip, is there a file listing?Perhaps you can show a screenprint of what you see, as well as the error message.-John C.

I'm on windows xp, so all I do is right click the zip file and it shows the desktop and that's where I send it to. Then inside that new folder on the desktop are the extracted texture files.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

John,When I unzip the file, I have ARIANE/Ariane NEW EXE file elements/ARIANE GMAX BUILDS/737-300/UA GMAX Classic/FS2002/Aircraft/Ariane Boeing 737 CFM UA Classic GMAX/TEXTURE. But the texture folder contains nothing. Same for the Air Holland liveries. When I click to unzip, I'm getting messages like "Error in file #2" and "bad Zip file offset (Error local leader signature not found) disk #1 offset 182165."John

Okay, fellows, thanks for all your help. I finally got my liveries to show up by switching over to WinZip Classic (I was using the Wizard) and unchecking Use Folder Names. I am really annoyed at Ariane for making the whole procedure so needlessly convoluted. But the planes do look great.John