Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goinvirtacle

MAAM-SIM questions,

Guest Goinvirtacle

Hey all, Huge MAAM fan, just had a few questions about the future of MAAM-SIM. First, im wondering if my Beloved B-25J "KillerB" will work in FSX...will there be an update for it?? or a new model??? And second, What ever happened to the TBM project?? Ever since they announced it WAY the heck back in Feb of 2005 we havent been given any screenshots or even an update! So Im just wondering, Will the Avenger ever fly??? Its a shame because for the last 2 years now Ive been really looking forward to it, and havent even been given an update. Doesnt ANYONE know what going on with it?? Is MAAM sim still even in business? Even if the decided to scrub the TBM project, at least give us an update....anyone know about this??

Guest SPOFF

HI: Go to the top of this page and do a "SEARCH". Type in "Reading WWII Weekend". There is a thread titled "TBM-3". Check it out. Some nice pictures of a Real TBM, as well as the answer to your TBM question. I havn't figured out how to provide a direct LINK to it. SPOFFEDIT: Sorry about that. Before I answered your post I did the search and it worked fine. After I answered your post I went back to verify: My second search just led me back here. Go figure. Cheers anyhow.EDIT #2: Tried it again using ADVANCED SEARCH and same keywords (Reading WWII Weekend) And: "MAAM Support Forum" from the long list in the box below the keyword box.EDIT #3: EDIT #2 works. Also works more "specifically" with keyword "TBM-3" using Advanced Search. ....."If at First I Don't Succeed, try again." Yep;; SPOFF

MAAM_SIM certainly is still in business! It's old news here at the forum, but not the sort of thing I really wanted to put out as a press release, that a couple team members - me included - have had some medical issues to deal with in the last year and that fact and some other factors have slowed down the TBM project drastically. But never fear, all is well now for the time being - although we are a bunch of old coots, so knock on wood! The TBM project is indeed going forward and will eventually be completed for both FS9 and FSX. No proposed date now, but we hope to have a progress report before too long. As for the R4d and B-25 packages, thanks to our recent release from the Non-Disclosure Agreement by MS, I can reveal that all the MAAM-SIM developers are on the FSX beta team. Work is coming along on adapting both packages to the new sim and your favorites (and ours) will indeed fly in the new environment - and look darn good doing it! There are many wrinkles yet to be ironed out, for as usual MS has thrown a few spanners/monkey wrenches into the works, but we will keep plugging away. Fred and Jan especially have been hard at it.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org