Sign in to follow this  

PANAVIA TORNADO VER. 2

I have just bought the Tornado from Perfect Flight 2000 and am very impressed. However there are various aspects that dont seem to be documented.Can anyone tell me how to move the wings from sweptback to slow flight config?Any other helpful keys would be useful too. Thanks for any help.Chris

Chris,I don't have this aircraft but this may be what you're looking for.There is a control function in FS2002 called Wing Fold/Unfold. On my setup it wasn't assigned to any keystroke or joystick button.RegardsAdrian>I have just bought the Tornado from Perfect Flight 2000 and >am very impressed. However there are various aspects that >dont seem to be documented. >>Can anyone tell me how to move the wings from sweptback to >slow flight config? >>Any other helpful keys would be useful too. Thanks for any >help. >>Chris

Thanks for the tip Adrian. I'll try that out.Chris

>Chris, >>I don't have this aircraft but this may be what you're >looking for. >>There is a control function in FS2002 called Wing >Fold/Unfold. On my setup it wasn't assigned to any >keystroke or joystick button. >>Regards >Adrian >>>I have just bought the Tornado from Perfect Flight 2000 and >>am very impressed. However there are various aspects that >>dont seem to be documented. >>>>Can anyone tell me how to move the wings from sweptback to >>slow flight config? >>>>Any other helpful keys would be useful too. Thanks for any >>help. >>>>Chris But on the Tornado it is an automated function that uses IAS and Angle of Attack to determine if the wings need to be swept or not. If I am right, it should not be an action done by the pilot. It would surprise me if you had to manually extend the wings on this product. It causes huge changes in the flight characteristics and the flightmodel will have to adapt to it. That would be very hard when the wings could be manually moved in every stage of the flight.Mathijs

Actually, that isn't quite right. The Tornado IDS has manual wingsweep control and the ADV has both automatic and manual. You might be thinking of the Tomcat.To control the wingsweep on this tornado, its as simple as extending the flaps. Flaps up is wings swept back, 1 notch of flap is the halfway angle and two notches sweeps the wings fully forwards. Its an FSDS model and there are no visible flaps, slats or thrust reverse buckets, just the wing sweep.

>Actually, that isn't quite right. The Tornado IDS has manual >wingsweep control and the ADV has both automatic and manual. >You might be thinking of the Tomcat. >>To control the wingsweep on this tornado, its as simple as >extending the flaps. Flaps up is wings swept back, 1 notch >of flap is the halfway angle and two notches sweeps the >wings fully forwards. Its an FSDS model and there are no >visible flaps, slats or thrust reverse buckets, just the >wing sweep. Live and learn... ThanksMathijs

>Actually, that isn't quite right. The Tornado IDS has manual >wingsweep control and the ADV has both automatic and manual. >You might be thinking of the Tomcat. >I thought the Tomcat had manual and automatic control as well?Not having flown one though, this is just a dusty tidbit from the cobweb-infested reaches of my mind. Boy, its empty in here.Brian

Yeah, the Tomcat has automatic and manual as well as I remember from a documentary, but I think its standard to fly in automatic. For Tornado F3 crews, I think its more normal to fly in manual mode.