Sign in to follow this  
Guest Low-n-slow

shift E +2

Guest Low-n-slow

Hi,This is a question for the FS9 experts that reside here. It is as much an FS9 question as a MAAM one.I have never been able to use the shift E +2 command to open the C-47 cargo door. It has never worked in my set-up. The shift E routine works fine.I remember reading a posting a while back with a fix for this issue. I can not remember if it is a correction to the FS9.cfg or use of the assignment key routine.Any thoughts?

Do you hit the keys sequentially, or try to hit them all at once? Try the former, and in quick succession, Paul.Mark Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest Low-n-slow

Thanks for the reply Mark.I have tried every combination, timeing, and contortion I can think of, all with no luck.I seem to remember a posting a few years ago where it was stated that some machines could not exercise a shift E +2 without making a change. Either to the FS9.cfg or in the key assignment programing - I don't remember the details. For example, in the key assignment, we need to assign 'SHIFT E" to the "Select Exit" function to make the open-door function work. Is there a function that needs to be set to "Shift E +2"? ORDo some FS9.cfg have a line that initiates the Shift E +2 function that some of us are missing?Its a minor issue in the scheme of things, but many planes like the MAAM C-47's use that function and I have never been able to make it work. I suspect the solution is so obvious that only a few of us haven't figured it out yet.;(

Guest beckerm13

Paul:I had a similar problem on other aircraft. Sometimes there is a gauge(s) on the aircraft panel that interferes with door opening commands. Try substituting one of the default panels (737, 747, etc). There is also a gauge addon available that can be added to a panel that will duplicate the Shift E+2 command.Marty

Guest allcott

Just change the `opening door 2` key assignment to a single key press on a spare key!Allcott

I'm not saying this will solve your problem, but the correct way to use this command is hold down Shift, press E, release both, then press 2 and release. It is the same as for push-back with turns.Best wishes,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org