Sign in to follow this  
strider

"All Theater" liveries...without the VC update?

I would like to add the "All Theaters" aircraft/liveries to my MAAM aircraft...but I don't want the update to the VC. It brought on the nefarious engine starting problem and none of the old fixes, which always worked before, would make it go away. I had to delete/ re-install the R4D/DC3 from my CD to get the engines to start again. I never use VC, anyway. I tried installing to a temp folder but it wouldn't do it. I understand why...this ensures that I have the MAAM-SIM payware installed. I just wish there was a way for us 2D'ers to get the package without the VC upgrades, which have proven very problematic for me. Vic

So...I take it that there is no way to get the liveries ONLY? No prob...I'll fly "The Hump" in something "green" LOL! Vic

Unfortunately, Vic, the latest C-47s are based on an improved model; unfortunately for you, that is. The external textures would probably transfer reasonably well to an older frame, but you'd be missing some goodies like the improved windshield area and so on, which is now separately mapped.You could install it all anyway and then move the CNAC livery across, of course, and then play with the textures to adapt them if you are into all that. I haven't tried this myself in this particular case, but I don't think you'd find there'd be too much to sort out.All this said, it's annoying that you are having problems with the new stuff. It's made no difference on my own rig. Mark Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

I suppose (S-I-G-H!) that I have no choice but to try it all again. I have to say that the last 6 months have worn me out and I'd like to be able to just...fly? I guess it's the "nature of the beast"...if it's not a system issue it's FS9 or an addon or the furry gremlin on the port wing, ripping crap out of my DC6's #2 engine nacelle! LOL! I'll give the "All Theaters" update another go here, shortly. I'm way beyond "gun shy" these days. And yet I'm in the middle of trying to get the PMDG 737 off the ground...and having no luck whatsoever. OK...selective gunshyness? Perhaps this explains it: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein Vic

Thank you Mark. I needed that. Sometimes it's not "The Answer" that really matters...but the "Did ya here the one about the priest, the rabbi and the mullah..." type response to pick me up out of the Blues. It's why I love this place. You da man!! I realize the PMDG 737 is Blasphemy here, but I'm trying to "expand my horizons". The only problem is the #### thing won't fly with straight AP inputs...it seems to require FMC info (AAAAAaaaauuuuurrrrrrrrggggg!!!). I'll leave it to all of you to decide what "FMC" stands for...I have one but it's unpostable here. What I NEED is to try the All Theaters upgrade again...and fly the return from Kunming in my baby. I believe that's exactly what I'll do...the only "computer" I'll need is my E6B...AAaaahhh, I feel better already! VicP.s.s. You and me both, Brother!

Well..I bow, once again, to the God of the Gremlins. All Theaters installed...and no problems. The girl started right up, she did. I will now fly her back to Chabua, leaving all my "FMC" worries behind, and enjoy every minute of, what looks like, crud weather :-jumpy . Life is good! VicP.S. Why do I even bother??? ;-PP.s.s. Gotta go...she's warm, sounds like a whole HERD of GIANT Harley's out there...and not a one missing a beat.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/159059.jpg

OK, so now hop into CNAC's '60' for the trip.Oh, wait a minute ... she was lost, actually. Unaccountably, and she was CNAC's first loss over The Hump; so maybe you will need that FMC after all.Hmmm ... FMC .... falsely meandering compass?MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]