Sign in to follow this  
cconesa

VC upgrade

Hi all,When the C47 expansion came out it brought in new additions to the VC plus some other refinements to the model file. This improvements / changes were to be implemented to the passenger and cargo versions but I haven't seen anything on it for a long time. Is the upgrade due to come out soon?. Would appreciate your news on the subject.Regards,Christian Conesa.

Hi ChristianSorry for the slow reply. No news yet. We're currently assessing - and implementing - what needs to be done for FSX, as a priority, and that will have some bearing on how all upgrades are handled. Mark Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest kennethg

Just out of curiosity, what's the status of the TBM Avenger in relation to all this? I wouldn't blame you for placing the update of the R4D and B-25 first, given how the TBM project took that huge hit over the summer.

The current target is release in time for the WWII show at MAAM next June. Maybe earlier, but we're being realistic here. MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Any news of this upgrade yet?Dave C.Waiting patiently.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Sorry, Dave. Jan's on a red-hot roll with the TBM and we don't want to break his streak to go back to the DC-3. When he needs a break from too much Turkey, or when we can find another Gmax designer to help with some of the load, we'll get to that civilian VC upgrade.I apologize for giving false hope on when this would be, but I have learned that artists, like our Dutch Master, need to be left alone when they are creating something beautiful.Seriously, if there are any talented Gmax designers who would like to join the MAAM-SIM team where the pay is lousy but the work is otherwise very rewarding, please apply within. :-)Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

get lucien lie...smiley.....been waiting for civillian upgrade for so long.(with darker windows).....there were some photos teasing us but i can't find them....one model was called maybe a bird name? rubber ducky?...can't remember...anyways, i remain waiting for this great update for a great plane..........for now i cling to the oy-bpb.....thanks.

Couple more quick questions......Any chance of adding visible flaps out the cabin windows in the upgraded VC? And will it include the lower-sitting tail-wheel (which I think is modelled on the newer addon packs)?-Dave C.

Guest Javis

Hi Dave,>Couple more quick questions......>>Any chance of adding visible flaps out the cabin windows in>the upgraded VC? What would that be worth to you ?.. :( Well, yes, that might be possible, the civil VC cabin takes much less poly's then the militairy C-47 cabins so there would be room enough to add those. Biggest problem is to remember that when the time comes to do the DC-3 civvie mods. You might want to remind me later after the TBM has been released. >And will it include the lower-sitting>tail-wheel (which I think is modelled on the newer addon>packs)?Sure thing ! Cheers,Jan

Wow, I didn't think this was that long ago, buried so deep in the forum.... :( (Didn't even remember myself to do this until now, it just occurred to me...)If this isn't already on the to-do list for the new version of the R4D/DC3, here's the reminder you asked for.. :)*bump*