Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javis

TBM Update Part 3

Guest Javis

Guest kennethg

And you say this is only half done??? All I can say is wow! It already looks great and well worth the wait.One question: will this be released for FS2004, FSX or both? I, for one, am hoping there will be a FS2004 version.

Hi Ken,You bet your leather flying helmet there will be a version for FS9. In fact, it will come out for 2004 first, unless we get to grips with all of the mysteries of FSX in time to release both versions simultaneously. The release will be at World War II Weekend, June 1.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kennethg

Looking forward to it and it's good to hear that enough of the bad news from last year has been solved to allow this project to continue.

I know I'm addressing the best design team in the hobby, but, uh. . you ARE going to use photorealistic texturing - just like Briefing Time, aren't you, Jan? Please say yes.This one looks WAY too pristine and glossy and sharp. I was sort of expecting "battered" "worn" "been around" "not owned by a little old lady" "160 sorties" "bit of a mess, I'm afraid" - you know - kinda scruffy and jaded? Been barfed in a coupla times. . I own both BT and the Dak, and they look like the real thing. They have - you know - that "smell" that real aircraft have. This . . . . is too clean. . . . .

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest kennethg

I did read in one of the other preview topics that these textures are only prototypes. I would be very surprised if the TBM was any less accurate than BT or the R4D. On the other hand, their real TBM is newly painted and fresh out of restoration, so a clean paint job isn't as unrealistic as you may first think. I've also read there will be multiple paint jobs, so I'd expect they'll do the same thing as the R4D: one scheme as it looks today, and one as it would look like in WWII.

Yeah.. I think so, too, Ken. I'm just ribbing Jan, really. I will often just start up BT and "wander" around the external views. I grew up around aeroplanes, and they all display that "humped" effect - where the skin between the rows of rivets is pulled outwards by the slipstream. . and the zinc chromate shows through from scuffs and scratches from boots, shoes, fuel nozzles, tools and so on. . The MAAM team and their aircraft must have an awesome following, and I must say I'm proud to support them, and will do so again the moment the TBM is pushed out of the hangar.Regards,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest kennethg

You and me both, pj.MAAM-Sim airplanes are the "gold standard" that I compare all other add-on aircraft to and many fail to live up to that standard. In fact, I have found no other payware group that brings together the whole package of attention to detail, product support, quality of communication, and downright friendliness, as the MAAM-Sim team does.If only they'd do the museum's N3N for FS2004, life would be perfect. :7 That was the plane in which I logged my first hour of flight time, way back in 1979.

Guest Javis

Paul, Ken is right, our MAAM TBM is like coming straight out of the factory, paint still wet so to speak. Rush won't like it when i'd take my spraycan and artificially dirty up his pristine looking baby. But no worries, there's gonna be more then just a meticulous factory fresh Turkey. Maybe you'll like this better for one thing.. : http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/tbmwip3/raf01.jpgJust a first trial but you can't deny the oil stains and chipped paint around the rivets, can you.. :-cool Ken, thanks for the kind words. You bet we can't wait to get started on the N3N ! :-) Cheers,Jan

Guest kennethg

Wow, and British, too. :D This one looks like it'll be well worth the wait. Slightly off topic: I've heard rumor that N3Ns were made from magnesium/aluminum alloy strip stock that were left over from the Navy's rigid airship program. Is that true?

Well.., OK - Tally Ho! (I guess!) It does look a little different, doesn't it? I do rather like the idea of a single wing and enclosed seating arrangements for a torpedo bomber. (Appologies to Fairey Aviation and their Swordfish).:) :) :) :)(Yes - BT is my standard with which to judge all ather sim aircraft, too, Ken. Amazing how people think alike, isn't it?)Regards,pjA quick edit: will the carrier be included too?