Sign in to follow this  
Legend

Problem loading R4d / DC-3

As soon as I pick the R4D or DC-3 from the aircraft list in FS9 and click OK, I get an error that GAUGESMAAM_R4D.gau could not be loaded. I can't click the message away (or rather, it comes back directly) so I have to kill FS9.exe. When I use Explorer to see if the gauge is there, it's no problem. I've also checked the FS9.cfg file to see if FSSound.dll is loaded (it is). So now I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Has anyone else had the same problem and solved it? Preferably without re-installing FS9 - that would take several days I'm afraid.Thank you!Gert

Hello Gert,>I've also checked the FS9.cfg file to see if FSSound.dll is loaded (it is). are you sure that the FSSound.dll is in the FS Modules folder (...Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Modules) ? :)GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

...and that solved the problem! Thank you, Tim. It has been there... can't remember deleting it... strange...

Hello Gert,>It has been there... can't remember deleting it... strange...Yes, I know this phenomenon...I suppose that you've uninstalled an add-on and the uninstall routine has deleted the FSSound.dll :-)GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Guest pgarat

Hi,If you want to solve your problem, you need to modify the FS9.cfg.To reach FS9.cfg you have to go to:documents and settings/your name/application data/microsoft/FS9/FS9.cfgthen add these lines:[OLDMODULES]FSSound.dll=1lets go flying!!!!ps: of course it also work with MAAM B25_BT:-halo