Sign in to follow this  
Guest RayMor

No yoke in vc, FSX

Guest RayMor

I installed the FSX update for the R4d and I seem to have got the installation right. I am having one issue though. After the update install, I installed the "no yoke in vc" mod and although they aren't textured the yoke still appear as undetailed grey and semi-transparent. Any ideas?Ray

RaySorry to be slow replying on this one - my own FS has been down for a few days while I configure a new unit - but as soon as I get a chance to check this out for you, I will. FSX keeps throwing curve balls at us, that's for sure.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest RayMor

Thanks. I really like this aircraft,had it since this origanal, but this shadow thing is very annoying.Ray

Hi Mark...Tried the DCMAAM10_C47 yolk patch for the 2nd C47 series VC. Came up with the same issue as Ray did regarding the VC yolk. Seems to still be there but has no texture or color and blocks instruments behind it. Aaargh, as Long John Silver would say.Roy Marsh

Eggzactly, Roy. I thought you were yolking for a minute but anyway it's all white now. Shell us another one.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest RayMor

Any news on this issue? I really want my gooney bird back!Ray

Guest Javis

>I installed the FSX update for the R4d and I seem to have got>the installation right. I am having one issue though. After>the update install, I installed the "no yoke in vc" mod and>although they aren't textured the yoke still appear as>undetailed grey and semi-transparent. Any ideas?>>Ray>Hi Ray, sorry for the later reply !There are two different ways to get rid of the Yoke in the R4D Virtual Cockpit.#1. 'the poor man's way' : black out ( color 0,0,0 ) all images on the bitmap pertaining to the Yoke. That's the one you don't want.#2. 'the physical way' : the Yoke is physically removed from the VC all together. That's the one you'd want.Here's how : find and open your FSX R4D root folder (......Microsoft Flightsimulator XSimObjectsAirplanesMaam-Sim R4D-6 Open the 'model.m' folder. You should find Model.cfg,r4d_medium.mdl, and r4d_medium-Y.mdl in there.Click on the 'Model.cfg' to open it. It most probabely will read : {models}normal=r4d_mediumType ' -Y ' ( without the accolades ) directly behind 'medium'(no space) and save it.Next time you choose either the R4D Bare-Metal_MediumVC or R4D SilverPaint_MediumVC from the FSX Select Aircraft menu you'll have no Yoke in your virtual cockpit anymore. Aiiiii!!!! What now !!??? :-eek If you're in FSX already when doing this mod you do need to restart it to see the difference. Success ! Cheers,Jan

Hi Jan...Thanks for pointing out this method.It worked well.A further question: Is there a reasonable "physical" way to remove the yoke from aircraft that don't have the medium-Y.mdl? For example, the later C-47s and the Danish OY-BPB.If not, I'll just cool my jets, so to speak. :-)ThanksRoy Marsh

Guest Javis

Hi Roy,Afraid not,no... it is hard coded in the mdl file. You'd need a master degree in Hex editing to apply this in other mdl files, if at all possible ( i am only a mere dillitant at hex editing myself ).But, hey, other then cooling your jets why not try the 'poor man's way' and black-out the Yoke images on the respective bitmaps. Just had a look at our free stuff pages and sure enough there's a tutorial by Mark about this to download : http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...=ftp&DLID=90198Good luck !Cheers,Jan

Hi Jan...Thanks for the link.Think I've already tried Mark's method (even though the yoke is black it obscures what's behind it). I'll have another go at it and see what happens.Looking forward to the TBM. MAAM quality is supremo!:-)Take careRoy

Guest RayMor

I used Mark's zip initially, and that's what started this. I don't know how to do the "poor man's way" and the "y" mehtod left me with an invisable aircrft? If I didn't miss this airplane as much as I do, I'd have just given up on it in FSX.Ray

Hi Ray...I'm no computer guru and Jan's method worked for me. My guess is that we'll have to wait until some of the MAAM experts have time to figure out how to modify the "poor man's way" to work in FSX.Now to the other way, the "y" method. It works in the UAL and BEA (passenger and cargo) aircraft as well as the R4D for me. - If you go into the MAAM-SIM dc-3 passenger folder you should see two model folders. - If you go into the model.ual_m folder you will notice a medium and a medium-Y mdl file. There is also a model.cfg file there for a total of 3 files in the folder. - Enter the model.cfg file and add a -Y at the end of the phrase so it reads: normal=dc3_ual_medium-Y Then save the change and back out.You are ready to fly the UAL DC3 with the medium VC now. At least that's what I'm thinking.Being a person of relatively few words, I've exceeded my capacity here. Hope this works for you. Life's tough with an invisible gooney. :-)Happy FlyingRoy

Guest RayMor

AH! I didn't know about the "-". I changed the config file to read "mediumy" instead of "medium-y". All is well now. Thanks Roy, you gave me back my gooney.Ray