Sign in to follow this  

Wierd problems having a LAN MP game...

Well, this ones got me stumped. It used to work just fine, up until SP1, I think it was SP1 that might have screwed it up. Anyways, I have no problems with any other applications communicating over my network, all other games work great... FS2002 has some kind of problem connecting to the host computer on the LAN. The client trying to connect to the serving computer can see the name of the sever no problem, he can even view the message in the message window that you get when you bgrowse for network games, but the HOST IP is not visible. But when trying to connect, the game will just sit there for 5 minutes looking for the connection. I have tried everything with this tonight, but no luck.I am using a Linksys Cable/DSL router with a 4 port switch. Both computers are WindowsXP PRO. I am guessing that since no other applications and games have any problems connecting to each other over the Network, that it's probably not a matter of me just opening some ports on the router, but rather the game itself maybe... It all seems to have started after XP Sevice Pack 1, before we had no problems at all...

I also forgot to add that while hosting a game, or trying to host a game, the IP adress in the "Multiplayer Host Options" is my WAN IP address, and not my LAN IP address... I am guessing this must have something to do with it. While hosting, I cant edit or change the IP either.

Fixed, I had to disable the UPnP routing method in which my router was configured. Why the heck Linksys would default to UPnP is beyond me.