Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Real shots of landing at Catalina Island yesterday

Guest BobKK

BobThey still fly DC3s to Catalina from LGB. I'm not sure of the name of the carrier but they make frequent flights hauling cargo etc. I've seen a number of DC3s landing on LGB-RWY 30 returning from Catalina Island. The Long Beach Press-Telegram had a major article about this carrier a few years ago.Bob Klepner

Nice pics....But the important question is....what frame rates were you getting? ;)

Geofa, You are one lucky man! Great shots! I did a week long stint as CoPilot with a friend in St Croix flying an Aztec around the Caribbean (Part 135 Charters) but didn't have a camera handy at the time. The memories in my mind all came rushing back looking at your pic's. There is something about island flying that I just cannot get enough of. Post more, Please!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Just had a look at Catalina in FS2002. It actually looks pretty similar to your pictures. Sure it's not 100% accurate but you can easily tell it's the same airport and island.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

My goodness... I am flashing back to FS4 (yes, 4) when I was "exploring" the nation... the islands out there were a common destination, and I couldn't figure out why it was raised so high up off the water.... I never thought to research it. I guess these pictures answer that! THANK YOU for sharing the pics, and I'll say what some have already said, but everyone thinks - you're one lucky guy!-Greg