Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patron7

MAAM_B25,gau Problem

Guest Patron7

I was successfully using the new MAAM_B25.gau (from the BT FSX fix) with FSX SP1.I got a new Dell XPS410 that has Vista OS.The ONLY aircraft in my extensive library that I could not switch over to my new computer was Briefing Time. I could select it (see it rotating), but after selecting "Fly Now", I would get a "Fatal Error".When I aliased another aircraft's panel, BT would load normally.I decided, after doing a process of elimination on the gauges in the panel.cfg, to substitute the older version of MAAM_B25.gau for the 2/12/2007 version.Everything works perfectly (BT loads and flies normally) following that substitution.I have no problem with Vista's User Account.Thought I should report that there certainly appears to be a compatibility problem with the new 2/12/2207 version of the gauge when used with Vista.Regards,Bill

Thanks, Bill.A problem for us at MAAM-SIM is that MS threw us two curved balls at the same time with not only a redesigned sim that upended some of the previous methodologies but also chucked Vista into the equation, which seems to have caused a number of problems for a number of people.I am not sure how many of us at MAAM-SIM are running Vista yet - I am not, and am unlikely to until my next computer build, I confess, as XP works so well for me - and so analyzing compatabilities is not that easy for us! If we were a full payware outfit, then I guess we would justify the cost of Vista installations to be able to produce the best for our clients; but as volunteers, we all use our own gear and so this is not so straightforward.I would guess that Vista works well as a fresh start installation i.e. when shipped with a new rig, but I have heard a few FS horror stories from those who have upgraded from XP for the sake of it. I subscribe to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But we'll all get there eventually, for sure, so that we can provide the best experience for FSX with our products and take advantage of the operating system that this version of FS was apparently designed around.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Bill,I'm another one of the developers who does not use Vista and I have not heard of this problem from anyone who does so it is difficult to suggest the cause.Meanwhile keep using what works. The 2/12/07 version just addresses issues some users were having with FSX but apparently not with Vista!If you could tell me what gauge version you have working for you now it will help greatly in identifying the problem.Thanks for the info.Fred

Guest Patron7

Hi Fred,I think this is what you want: I'm currently using a "MAAM_B25.gau" that was modified 10/13/2003, and is 9.12 MB. It works fine with Vista.That the version reference that you need?Regards,Bill

That gauge is ver 2.22 (right click properties/version) that came with the FS2004 release and it should not be working with the FSX update.It appears that you may not have the updated panel.cfg file installed as required for the newer gauge.Fred