Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Installation into FSX query

Guest bernd1151

Hi Mark and Bill,I'm afraid I have to bother you with the very same problem that has been discussed here. With a little twist though: I can't let the installer run and do the magic for FSX automatically, because I downloaded both the DC 3 and the B 25 via internet. Every time when I want to run the FSX installer, a nice little window pops up telling me: "Cannot install program. Either you do not have the MAAM-SIM B-25BT (or DC 3 as a matter of fact) CD installed or you failed to change the installation path to match your FSX directory." Mind you, the planes without this patch fly perfectly well in FSX, but I don't see any gauges, and on top of it: both planes run after 15 minutes out of fuel. A problem that has also been reported here already in another thread. As advised, in FSX both planes are installed under Simobjects/Airplanes and I of course direct the installer to the same directory. But it doesn't accept it. To make it easier, I thought I choose another directory under FSX, which I named "Aircraft" as in FS9. It's directly under FSX, not under Simobjects. I had both planes downloaded to this directory and then directed the FSX upgrade installer to this new "Aircraft" folder in FSX. Same problem. I'm always told that I either lack the proper CD or failed to have the installer pointed to the correct directory.So, cutting a short story even shorter, I now have two planes, which I love, but can't fly. What have I done wrong. Have a great weekend.Bernd

Hi BerndFor a start, your problem has nothing to do with the fact that you are flying the download versions. The FSX patch was written before the DLs were available, so it mentions the CDs. But the installers for both versions are identical, so the files that the FSX patch installer is looking for to verify that you are a MAAM-SIM owner are present.I think you have made a wrong assumption about how to install things. You say above that you direct the installer to Simobjects/Airplane. You must direct the patch to the main FSX directory. Otherwise, the installer can not find the necessary files. If yours is a default installation, this means you do not change the path in the installer. By your wording, it also sounds like you may have made the same error with your installation of the aircraft packages, which would explain your missing gauges, and a few other things you have not even noticed. The installers always must go to the main FS directory so that gauges, sounds, effects, and other files are put where they must be for FS to access them. Tell me, when you look in your Simobjects/Airplane folder do you see folders named Gauges, Effects, Sound, Flights and Modules in there? If so, they do not belong in there. You should delete all of these folders and your MAAM-SIM aircraft along with any readme, icon, and other odds and ends you find. Then do a fresh install of the planes to the main FSX directory. Next, follow the instructions on the FSX upgrade patch about transferring the aircraft, and only the aircraft, to the Simobjects/Airplanes folder and run the patch installer to the main FSX directory.Hopefully, this will set everything to rights. Let us know hpw you make out.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest bernd1151

Hi Bill,In short, you made my day!! Came home tonight from a tiring business trip, had already seen your advise on what to do on my laptop while underway. Didn't bother to unpack my bags, switched on my desktop, did as you advised and everything works like a charm. Also the fuel problem that I encountered on both planes has vanished. I'm very happy indeed. Thanks again Bill!!!Now, there only one new problem that I have to deal with: the missus thinks I've gone completely mad. Any advise on this one :-) :-)Ciao,Bernd