Sign in to follow this  
rambow

BT and R4D FSX Issues

Guest RCAF_Gunner

Vance, thanks for this. For the time being, I wanted to use the 2D bombadier's view instead of using the other method of replacing an exterior view (I want to keep the current views and figure out how to give the Bombadier's view its own GUID).I did a little tweaking of your idea and came up with a way of keeping the GPS panel *and* adding the bombadier's 2D panel so I wanted to pass what I learned along. FSX seems to be capable of supporting more then 9 panels so here's what I did to the panel.cfg file:- I added the definition for the 10th panel to the "Windows Titles" section which now looks like:Window00=Pilot PanelWindow01=Pilot IFR PanelWindow02=First Officer PanelWindow03=First Officer IFR PanelWindow04=QuadrantWindow05=Starter Panel Window06=Gear-Flap ControlsWindow07=Radio StackWindow08=GPSWindow09=Mini PanelWindow10=Bombadier's View- then I added the definition between the minipanel and vc definitions:// ----------------Bombadier's View------------------Window10 <---- ADD the square brackets ~ the forum doesn't want to display them in the post file=Forward_up.bmpident=4visible=0window_size=1.0,1.0window_pos=0,0no_luminous=1view_window_rect=0,0,8192,6144Now, when in the 2D panel mode and cycling between the main panels with the W key, the bombadier's view is displayed after the pilot/copilot panels and right before the minipanel.Cheers,Rick

Is this fix for the R4D/DC-3 windows posted in the library. The link posted here is dead now. I just started with FSX finally on a new computer that can actually run it and have slowly been adding aircraft to it. Thanks guys, looking forward to running the DC-3 in FSX.

Any news on this please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Okay, I'll reword my unanswered post in another way.Is there any news on the FSX DC-3 :( ?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Bill thanks for the info....I have MAAMs B-25 for 2004 and have loaded it into flight sim x.....It worked ok with the original update, but had no guages.....Have since uploaded the new update, and am getting the fatal error message..... I have tried everything to fix woth no luck....I have since removed the B-25 and miss flying it. Please let me know when you get the new B-25 out for flight sim x...... Also does anyone know how the SDK works for flight sim x....I am trying to move the aircraft carrier Saratoga to another location....I am useing the relocation files provided by the saratoga download, but she never shows up. Bill keep up the good work on these rare old birds......Hope to see the Avenger in the air one day.....I see chinos Avenger fly at all their airshows, and she looks just as beautiful flying as she does on the ground.....

Bill.... One more thing...Hows the restoration going on the P-61.... And is their any chance of seeing MAAM-im puting out a version of it for us simmers...?

>Thanks Bill for the window fix in DC3 for FSX. Have the same>problem now for the B25 even after installing the FSX fix>BT.FSXu1>Can I use the same fix please?Hey John, don't remember where I found this, I think it was here at Avsim...do a search for "b25_fsxacgls.zip"...fixed the problem for me.As to the spinning prop transparency issue, after trying a few different approaches; I copy/pasted the "Prop_DC3.dds" from the default DC3 texture folder into the texture folder of BT...I then deleted "A_spinprop.bmp" after backing it up & then renamed "Prop_DC3.dds" to "A_spinprop.bmp"...I now have 'normal' looking spinning props in/on Briefing Time!...May not be perfect but will do nicely until the team has time to rebuild this great aircraft for us!...You will be 'warned' that changing the dot extension may make the file unusable...ignore it & click on 'do it anyway' (or words to that effect)...and go fly!Will now concentrate on trying to find a way to get my bombadier's view back!...Not sure it's something that can be done from my limited skill level, but will try anyway.Regards,Vance Roberts
Vance. Do you know of a way to get the glass to show on the BT download V7.....I have downloaded a few more textures i wanted that the V7 download did'nt have, They are : Pacific Princess, Pacific Prowler and Tail wind. Also some textures are blured, can this also be fixed..... One last thing. I am working on trying to move the aircraft carrier Saratoga to a differant location.....The relocation files say to use the BGL compiler from the SDK....I have tried this but the ship does not show up in the new location.....Any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong....? The location i am trying to move it to is...LONGITUDE: W 124 25.47.....LATITUDE: N48 34.11..... HEADING: 221.00 This is just how i have it done for relocation...... LONG: W 124 degrees, 25.47 minutes.......LAT: N48 degrees, 34.11 minutes This puts it just inside a cove on the pacific side of Vancouver island in Canada..... Their is also a personal airport and 2 ocean oil rigs in this same area....

Hi all,

I just purchased the MAAM DC3 for FSX and I have a few problems that I hope someone can help me with.  For one, the panel pop-up windows are all transparent . For another, I can't figure out how to change views in the VC Panel. What I mean is I can't figure out to view the cabin interior or other views around the aircraft. And last but not least how can I delete the yokes?  :unsure:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

and thanks in advance.

Jim R.