Sign in to follow this  
WarHorse47

Possible TBM load problem

hmmm....Well, here's my progress report for tonite.I've tried all suggestions to date, and still encountered the CTD.I examined the panel.cfg files to look for anything unusual and did a little testing on a few of the sub panels but still encountered the CTD.I was able to change models from the TBF to the TBM without a CTD, but any other model change results in a CTD.I did a little experimenting with the panels to see if any of the gauges unique to the individual models might have an effect, but no progress.So that leaves either the common gauges or the models themselves as causing the CTDs.Fred, if there is a correlation with the ATI video cards, what might that be? A memory conflict or some kind?--WH

Hi,Try temporarily removing MAAM_TBMVC.gau from the gauges folder and see if this makes any difference. Note that some sounds will be lost when you do this but that's ok for the test.I can't say about the ATI question. I also see a CTD report here with an nvidia card.Fred

Guest dogknot

FWIW, I have the ATI card and experienced the CTD's when changing models. I pulled the "MAAM_TBM.gau" out of the main FS9 Gauges folder and placed copies of it into the two panel folders (TBM and TBF) in the fsfsconv folder. All works just fine now!!

Guest dogknot

>FWIW, I have the ATI card and experienced the CTD's when>changing models. >I pulled the "MAAM_TBM.gau" out of the main FS9 Gauges folder>and placed copies of it into the two panel folders (TBM and>TBF) in the fsfsconv folder. All works just fine now!!So far, ATI and NVidia card users have had positive results with this minor adjustment.

I've tried all suggestions with no success.I removed the MAAM_TBMVC reference from the panel.cfg - no improvement.I now have both gagues out of the main Gauges folder and in the respective panel folders - no improvement.I can switch TO the TBM model from the TBF model, but I cannot switch between TBF models or from the TBM to the TBF model.I've spent several hours on this trying to figure out what my setup is so different. It might be video drivers, a specific gauge within the MAAM_TBM.gau file or something else.I'd rather be enjoying the plane than trying to fix an unknown problem.I'm quickly running out of options.--WH

Guest dogknot

>I've tried all suggestions with no success.>>I removed the MAAM_TBMVC reference from the panel.cfg - no>improvement.>>I now have both gagues out of the main Gauges folder and in>the respective panel folders - no improvement.>>I can switch TO the TBM model from the TBF model, but I cannot>switch between TBF models or from the TBM to the TBF model.>>I've spent several hours on this trying to figure out what my>setup is so different. It might be video drivers, a specific>gauge within the MAAM_TBM.gau file or something else.>>I'd rather be enjoying the plane than trying to fix an unknown>problem.>>I'm quickly running out of options.>>--WHThis one has me stumped, WH. The odd thing is Panel Studio can't even access any gauge within the "MAAM_TBM.gau". It claims the xml gauge of each gauge has zero bytes. PS can't look at anything within the main gau. Maybe it's a clue for the gauge programmers???BTW, no problem for PS to look inside all other previous MAAM gauges.

Hi, Dognot.I got your PM and tried your suggestion. No joy.Here is what I've done so far to isolate the cause. There are basically two panels, the TBM and TBF. Within each panels are gauges common to both and unique to each.So far we know that the MAAM_TBM.gau is the culprit, but it contains many individual gauges - any which could be the cause. With some testing I've determined the unique gauges are not the cause, so that leaves the common gauges. To determine if any of these are the cause I need to isolate them one at a time and run the sim.With my setup I have a lot of a/c and a slow machine, so staring FS9 takes a few minutes. I use FSAutoStart to shutdown background programs and services to maximize my memory.The process I follow for testing is consistent. My default flight is at my local airport, cold start at my local airport and with an external view. I select one of the Avengers, cycle through the cockpit, startup and take off. After I'm at 1,000 feet with rpms and prop adjusted, I then attempt to change to another Avenger model using teh Alt-A-A command. with one or two random exceptions, the results are the same. I get a black screen and after about 60 seconds I get the error message asking me if I want to notify Micosoft and restart the application.I have two other testing options at this time. As I mentioned, I can go through gauge by gauge. It would be easier [hint, hint] if each of the gauges within the MAAM_TBM.gau were in a cab or zip or other folder, so I could just relocate it for testing. Since these gauges are repeated for the 2D, VC and Popup panels I would have to remove them (using //) several times in each panel.cfg.The second option is to try some different video drivers for my ATI card. I'm not ready for that, but as a last resort there are several Catalyst drivers that might help. I don't have enough information on this option before I spend my time.So that's what I know.Thanks--WH

Guest Quicksand

Well, I've tried all the suggestions from others for ways of stopping the CTD's, and while now I can switch Avenger models and paint schemes within the same flight, exit to FS, and successfully choose another Avenger (or any other aircraft), I still swiftly CTD as soon as I click "Fly Now." I'm not upset, however, as I have literally been flying the wings (as well as the landing gear a few times...) off of this plane. Never have felt so much a part of an aircraft in FS as I do when I fly the Turkey. My average flight before my Turkey "came home to roost", was about twenty or thirty minutes, and then I would change aircraft. Now, if I ever change aircraft, it is to another Turkey. I now measure my flights in hours, instead of minutes. Thank you, MAAMSIM, for this beautiful bird, and I am willing to help, and patiently await to resolution of the "CTD bug". Now, I'm off to put a few more hours on my trusty steed...

>Well, I've tried all the suggestions from others for ways of>stopping the CTD's, and while now I can switch Avenger models>and paint schemes within the same flight, exit to FS, and>successfully choose another Avenger (or any other aircraft), I>still swiftly CTD as soon as I click "Fly Now." I'm not upset,>however, as I have literally been flying the wings (as well as>the landing gear a few times...) off of this plane. Never have>felt so much a part of an aircraft in FS as I do when I fly>the Turkey. My average flight before my Turkey "came home to>roost", was about twenty or thirty minutes, and then I would>change aircraft. Now, if I ever change aircraft, it is to>another Turkey. I now measure my flights in hours, instead of>minutes. Thank you, MAAMSIM, for this beautiful bird, and I am>willing to help, and patiently await to resolution of the "CTD>bug". Now, I'm off to put a few more hours on my trusty>steed...Quicksand..Try one of the MAAM provided flights, and see if you can change models without a CTD. Report back when done....as you were. :( --WH

Guest Quicksand

WH, I can change Avenger models on flights I create and save, but not in the provided flights..............Oh, well....

>WH, I can change Avenger models on flights I create and save,>but not in the provided flights..............Oh, well....Hmmm....interesting.We're these with any customizations, or the standard setup?My tests are with the standard setup. No changes to the panel.cfg and all gauges in the gauge folder.--WH

Guest Quicksand

WH, I have moved the panel and sound folders to their respective aircraft folder, and removed the MAAM_TBM_gauge to the panel folder of each model. I have yet to move the VC gauge.........

exact same problem with CTD with Nvidia 7600 cards. I have 2 in SLI mode.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest dogknot

WH, just realised that while you are using the "Alt,A,A" command to load another model, I've been going to window mode and selecting Aircraft/Select Aircraft to change models (or textures).If I try the Alt,A,A command I CTD roughly 9 out of 10 attempts, but using the window mode/Aircraft/Select Aircraft the exact opposite is true. Been successful in switching models/paints roughly 9 of 10 attempts. Just something else to try.Of course, the previous changes we've discussed still apply, to be successful, i.e. gauges in the individual panel folders.

I'd actually like to have a version that only has VC and the side panels without the 2D cockpit at all. This bird has a great VC and I fly from it most of the time anyway!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg