Do you know when there will be a FSX version of this plane available?From what I've seen, it shouldn't take too long to convert the FS9 model to FSX so I'd hope in the next few days to a week, certainly not more than a couple weeks.I'm eagerly waiting for the FSX version because I'd rather not port the FS9 one over do to the issues it creates. It would really please all the other FSX users out there too ;)

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Hi. I agree with you. I want an FSX version. Sorry for posting the same question in my thread. I was typing it while yours was being posted. Best regards, Bob.

We are still catching up here, especially me, so I ask your patience on this. A full, native version of the TBM is not under immediate consideration, but a compatibility patch may be. We'll see what we can do, considering the demand. Let me emphasize that the plane-changing problems mentioned here are relatively few in the numbers of users affected, irritating as that is for the afflicted! It does not prevent the bird from being flown with full capability by even those customers. It only means you must go through the hassle of restarting FS9 if you want to change birds. But Fred and Hansi will try their best to figure it out. None of this should prevent you from trying to port the bird to FSX, if you want to try. The Turkey does not have the virtual avian flu and can't infect your system or other add-ons. It does not work that way. IF you try, we would like to hear your findings and it might speed up an eventual patch. Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill. Thanks. The Turkey sure looks GREAT. I might try it in FSX. Does the installer allow us to install it into a dummy folder and then can we manually move the files and folders over to FSX? If it doesn't work in FSX can we uninstall it and just reinstall it in FS9 with no problems? Can it be installed in both FSX and FS9 if it works OK in FSX? Sorry for all the questions. Best regards, Bob.

I have installed the Turkey in fs9 and FSX (copied the files and folders to FSX after fs9 installation)In fs9, as you would expect, no problems at all (no CTD's),and she looks and flies great.In FSX,however i get the CTD's when changing models, but not paints, having moved around the various gauges etc as described in this and other forums. I also played around with cockpit and prop tranparencies as one usually does when porting to FSX. In FSX she flies as well as in fs9 but i think she looks even better.(see attached)Well done to Bill and all at MAAM.PS.Using Nvidia GeForce 7900GS (512mb)

When the FSX patch DOES come out, will it be free, or a separate product? If it is separate I see no use in buying it now... but if it will be free to existing FS9 owners, I would be happy to pick it up. ;)

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Hi. Good for you!!!! Can you please explain in detail what you had to do to get it to work in FSX, especially the cockpit and prop transparencies? Does the VC work in FSX? Thanks and best regards, Bob.

I agree with you. If the patch will be free I'll buy it now and try installing it myself in FSX. I have no interest at all if it is only for FS9. Regards, Bob.

>Hi. Good for you!!!! Can you please explain in detail what>you had to do to get it to work in FSX, especially the cockpit>and prop transparencies? Does the VC work in FSX? Thanks and>best regards, Bob.Bob,The VC works fine,I used Dxtbmp to darken the Alpha channel on these two filesglasbin_zijl.bmp(reflection of pilot in glass too prominent) glasbinnenwdscr.bmp(could not see out of windscreen)A_spinprop.bmp i borrowed from the MAAM SIM R4D-6Then copied them to all texture folders in all aircraft.PS. Bob, if Bill is okay with it i could email files to you

By patch I really mean a standalone FSX version with all the FSX SP2 goodies. Most FSX patches I've seen for products don't actually fix it in SP2.

spacer.png

If and when we patch the Avenger, the patch will be free, as has always been the custom at MAAM-SIM. However, when and if we produce a native version for FSX, how much "re-engineering" it is going to take to do it will determine what the price structure will be. We will certainly give a hefty discount to owners of the FS9 version, no matter what.The next major project will not be the FSX version of the TBM, though. There have been a lot more people anxiously waiting for the full-blown FSX version of the R4D/DC-3/C-47 package, and we will begin on that very soon. The Douglas is arguably the most popular aircraft of all time, and that is where the best chance of a return for MAAM lies.We'll do the best we can patching the Turkey FSX compatible, but there may be some features that just won't port over without an inordinate amount of work. We'll just have to see. I don't want to lead anybody on - a native FSX version of the TBF/TBM may be a long way down the taxiway.Bill RambowMAAM-SIMhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill. Thanks. I appreciate the info. Best regards and thanks for a great series of planes. I just flew the Briefing Time in FSX and it is really beautiful. Best regards, Bob.

Yep, thanks for the update here too. I'm not sure if I'll get it now or later. It is good to hear that the DC-3 will be getting FSX'd though :)

spacer.png

Hi. I bought the plane and have it installed in FSX. Bill knows that I bought it as he had to send me the download site because my ISP had him blocked. Please check with him as I'd sure like the files. It flies well so far. Everything seems to work OK. I seem to have a problem with the horizon line in the takeoff panel. It is too high. I made all of the patches. Thanks and best regards, Bob.