Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werwolf

maam_tbm.gau CDT

I must add my name to those who are suffering from the interface with FS9, the Avenger and FSUIPC. I had been looking for TBM.gauge 2.0, To day I tried removeng the FSUIPC module from from FS9. The Avenger worked perfectly. Reinstalled the FSUIPC module and the crashes resumed.I tried downloading the latest FUSIPC and reinstalling the Avenger. Neither worked.Please help.Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Any progress on resolving this issue?Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

No resolution yet.Rename your fs9.cfg file then start the sim to rebuild the file.Then select "TBM3 at Museum ramp" as your default startup flight and see if the problem still exists.

There is still no answer to this problem and there is unlikely to be one until we are able to determine what the common denominator is between users.It is simply not possible for this issue to have happened suddenly if nothing has changed on your systems. If you have not made any change yourselves (and it would probably have to be the same change) then we are back around to Windows Auto Updates.Does the crash happen only for those who have taken updates? If not then that question is eliminated. If so then it must be determined which updates you have taken in common since the TBM last flew and I can't do that from here.Fred

There is still no answer to this problem and there is unlikely to be one until we are able to determine what the common denominator is between users.It is simply not possible for this issue to have happened suddenly if nothing has changed on your systems. If you have not made any change yourselves (and it would probably have to be the same change) then we are back around to Windows Auto Updates.Does the crash happen only for those who have taken updates? If not then that question is eliminated. If so then it must be determined which updates you have taken in common since the TBM last flew and I can't do that from here.Fred

Hi Guys,I have to jump in here to report that I also have discovered that I have the CTD problem when trying to load the Avenger. I had to uninstall & reinstall FS2004 which required a reinstallation of the Avenger via the CD. When I went to try & load the Avenger I got a CTD w/the ModName maam_tbm.gau. I did run the patch 1 & 2 with 2 being the one with the maam_tbm.gau in it. I have not done any Windows updates recently. I just now came to the forum to report this problem not realizing all you are having the same problem. This is weird. Mine was working fine before the FS2004 reinstallation. Hope an answer can be found .Bob Anderson

Add me to the list of people having this problem. The turkey worked fine for me the last time I was able to fly her but there is no way I can load her up now as I had said in the other post. Then I remembered while reading this that the one difference between now and when it worked is an upgraded and registered version of FSUIPC. I think that there are enough folks here that have tested that this seems to be the most likely culprit. As far as saving and starting with specific flights, I would not really call this a fix. Come-on guys, this is the only aircraft I have that needs to be started this way even if it works. I mean every other add-on states that you should have the default C172 in Seattle. I should not have to re-configure my saved flights when I want to switch aircraft. Also, where is this service pac 2 anyway as I don't see it on the MAAM site (not that I expect that to correct the problem).Best Regards,LouP

Hi, Fred.It looks like I'm experiencing the same problem with the others. The Avenger will not load at any flight unless I uninstall FSUIPC.Here is some additional information on the Avenger gauge problem.Peter Dodson's web site--WH

Guest newgoosy

My solution to the obviously not working MAAM-TBM.gau?Install in all TBM-type folders a new "panel.2" map.Do not forget the dot !!In this map install another TBM panel , I use panel from the "avengv19.zip"at flightsim, adjusted and incorporating the needed rcbo-20 corrections.In the acft.cfg file insert a "2" after every panel line for all texturesNow all tbm's are available, no need to go to a default acft every time, I changed from one to the other, even going back to saved flights of old times, long before the last week try to fly again with frustrating days as in your topic, which I just found this Friday .I was happy to see that I was not the only unlucky guy but no solutions sofar came up.The only flaw is that you lose the 3d panel, it is there but all the gauges are frozen, all clickable spots still function though for helmet change, sunglasse, bombbay doors.stick removal ,sliding windows etcSP1 did not help,Any chance that the MAAM boffins know a way to correct the suspected culprit, Maamtbm.gau?

Hello NewgoosyI have the same issue as well with the maam_tbm.gau Your info on what to do (My solution to the obviously not working MAAM-TBM.gau?Install in all TBM-type folders a new "panel.2" map.Do not forget the dot !!In this map install another TBM panel , I use panel from the "avengv19.zip"at flightsim, adjusted and incorporating the needed rcbo-20 corrections.In the acft.cfg file insert a "2" after every panel line for all textures)I don't quite understand what you mean.can you explain in dummy terms how to do what you mention?.Heck I'll try anything to get this gau issue fixedI feel since it is a payware product,MAAM should put a fix out/get it fixed etc.There's no reason everyone that has this product should be pulling there hair out trying to figure out how to fix it.It's MAAM's responsability to fix it.All of the other MAAM products don't have the issue's that this plane has.GrayRider

Guest newgoosy

OK,let's try to explain this mod waiting for the MAAM update/patch1. In every MAAM TBM aircraft folder create a second panel map named : panel.2 ( do not forget the dot!]so you have a model ; panel ; panel.2 ; sound ; texture(sometimes more than one) map per aircraft type2 . In the panel.2 map incorporate a new panel . I copied the panel from the "avengv19.zip" at flightsim.com3 . In that panel you have to adjust for carrier work as instructed in the "rcbo-20" gauge provided by Barendregt(also at flighgtsim.com)There is an elaborate instruction how to do this in the included "MILJET" map .For convenience I have all my carrier aircraft modified as such with the "no zone "part in the arrester and catapult "ini "gauges. Landing on a carrier in 2d environment is difficult enough4 . To see this "panelpointtwo" in your aircraft open in each aircaft type where you put a second panel in, the "aircraft.cfg"file.5 . In that file on the line "panel="change this to"panel=2" and you have a usable 2d panel .In the 3d panel all instruments alas are frozen but the spot area's for helmet,visor, hatch ,bombbay doors,etc are all functional.even the plotting board comes out!6 . Thus eliminating the maam_tbm.gau I am able to fly all MAAM tbm's,switching from one to the other without returning to a default acft.It needs some careful reading of the Barendrecht rcbo-20 instrutions but for me they are a perfect solution to reenact my naval carreer(250 traps,50 nite)Happy landings,remember : power is altitude,stick is speed ,always stay at the right side of the power curve,lo and slo always mean a wave-off,carrier landings are "arrivals",keep the angle of attack till you hit the deck ,no PNUAR's (pulling nose up at the ramp)

Newgoosey and GrayRider - You guys are aware that we put out a critical service patch to address this issue in October, right? Look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest newgoosy
Newgoosey and GrayRider - You guys are aware that we put out a critical service patch to address this issue in October, right? Look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Guest newgoosy

Rambow"Jumpin'Jehosefath great balls of fire !!" as Grampaw Pettibone used to say in Naval Aviation News!!Your reminder that SP 1 exists as announced in the pinned item brought me to try that again by downloading the zip once more and this time manually TO THE LETTER copying all items over to FS9When coming to the panel changes in fsfsconv discovered that MAAM_TBM .gau and TBMVC gau were also present in these folders( why and how they came there I don't know) so I removed them and that did the trick!!.With the new maam_tbm.gau in the normal FS9 Gauges map.everything worked like a charm,can change from one acft to the other ,no need to go to a def acft. All panels "' go "in all acft. DLP on boardLangley in Washington waters all "OK"passes.Back in bussiness as 50 yrs ago !!regardsnewgoosy

Guest Werwolf

With the last patch I have resolved all! I do not have more cdt and all work fine! Thanks! :)