Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werwolf

maam_tbm.gau CDT

Rob,Load one of the working MAAM flights then immediately save it under an new name. Then load this new flight and see if it works.It is not unheard of for FS to corrupt FLT files.Fred

Guest BillRumpf

Was looking forward to flying the Avenger this afternoon when this maam_tbm.gau came up. I tried everything I could think of including a number of remove/install procedures. The Avenger was working fine prior to today. Please note I haven't flown it in about 6 weeks. Now the beautiful bird is sitting in my hangar collecting dust!Windows XP ProfessionalFS9I can confirm the FSUIPC issue on the Avenger. If I remove it it works.Windows XP ProfessionalFS9

Guest BillRumpf

I have the same problem with the Avenger and just to reconfirm I removed FSUIPC from the Modules folder is fs9, placed it on my desktop and the Avenger loeaded and worked perfectly. The FSUIPC version is 3.8.1.0 and again I use Windows XP Professional for FS9. Of course without FSUIPC my simulator doesn't have much functionality.

Ok, but you didn't answer my question.It didn't just stop working for no reason, something must have changed since you last flew the TBM.

Guest BillRumpf
Ok, but you didn't answer my question.It didn't just stop working for no reason, something must have changed since you last flew the TBM.
I haven't changed anything unless some automatic Windows XP update made some changes.

Guest NathanT24

I am also getting the same error, I can fly the Turkey without FSUIPC and also tried to change drivers to see if that will work. I want to fly the Turkey been flying the B-25 lately since I cant sigh. I have also not changed anything with my computer as well.

Are you guys taking Windows automatic updates?It seems odd that this problem has popped suddenly like this.

Guest BillRumpf
Are you guys taking Windows automatic updates?It seems odd that this problem has popped suddenly like this.
Yes, I'm using automatic updates.

Guest NathanT24

Also taking automatic updates heh. Ug who knew windows can be such a pain in the butt!

Who knew? All those who have turned off automatic updates :( You may be able to determine what updates you have had since the Turkey last flew.There should be some $**** folders in the Windows folder that will have some dated KB***** update files, or maybe some will show up in "Add or Remove Programs".I am not going to blame a Windows update but I definitely suspect that the TBM issue is related.

Guest BillRumpf
Hi, Have you applied Patch #2? Have you tried using "MAAM's TBM-3 on the Museum Ramp at KRDG.FLT" as your default startup flight? Fred
Here's what I did this afternoon:1. Removed Langley Scenery2. Loaded TBM3 at Museum ramp and it loaded3. Flew it on Vatsim with FSUIPC fully operational4. On final to Krdg accidently pulled gear up instead of flaps down; belly landed fs9 froze5. Tried to load TBM3 at Museum ramp wouldn't load6. Tried and it loaded "ready for take off on rwy 13 Avenger TBM flight7. Flew extended pattern and landed back at Reading. I shut down, saved and was able to reload flight.8. Also saved to kfok my favorite Long Island airport and reloaded connected to vatsim and everything worked fine.That's all the time I have today. Tomorrow will verify if I can load from "Create Flights". Don't really know if the Langley scenery had anything to do with it.

Guest Macmanm242

Hey Fred, yep i tried reversing the ati drivers to an earler date to no avail. Am also using windows automatic updates.We hit the Bermuda Triangle Boys!!!Rob

We have not yet eliminated the possibility that your normal startup flight may be at the root of this problem. To check this please have "TBM3 at Museum ramp" set as your startup flight, then exit and restart FS. It is not enough to simply load the TBM from another flight or aircraft.Fred

Guest BillRumpf
We have not yet eliminated the possibility that your normal startup flight may be at the root of this problem. To check this please have "TBM3 at Museum ramp" set as your startup flight, then exit and restart FS. It is not enough to simply load the TBM from another flight or aircraft.Fred
Here's what I did:1. loaded the plane at the museum and made it the default flight (system didn't crash)2. closed fs93. restarted fs94. went to create a flight using default and the system crashed5. fs9 automatically restarted and went to select a flight at the museum and the sytem crashedSorry, fellows this is all the time I have today.Thanks for the help, BillPS. I send the report to Microsoft every time the system crashes.