Sign in to follow this  

Project Colorado

Just to let everyone know, I am starting a project called Project: ColoradoIn this project I will be including multiple improvements on everything in my homeland here :-)WARNING! I am a beginner - a very beginner - such a beginner that I am in the help forums 98 percent of my time - but I am doing good so far - I think.I already have KPUB done using FSSC, but I cannot release it yet as my AI rejects the airport (which is wierd because it is perfectly placed with my AFCAD file I had for the old KPUB, yet no AI will use it. I am very confused at this, and am looking for a fix).As soon as I get the AI issue with KPUB fixed I will release it as well as my 5-layer overlay for KDEN. The 5 Layer overlay for KDEN I have done. It is radiused for Project AI's aircraft and each overlay uses it's own runway. The runway seperation may not be realistic, but with as much traffic as PAI generated for major Intl airports, it sure keeps the bugs down and ATC quarrels in FS2002 to a minimum. In fact - each Overlay has it's own tower/ground frequency, BUT stays realistic as KDEN in real life has multiple tower/ground freqs.The seperation of concourses is realistic as well in itself as I based it off of the concorse maps for the KDEN web site. All aircraft go to their own respective concourse by airline. All the cargo goes to the cargo area. All GA aircraft go to the GA parking areas.This overlay I created is for a scenery file that is downloadable here on AVSIM (I forget the author's name - I will post the info with my release). As I said - it's ready, but with the work I put into the KPUB project I want to make it my first official release of this project. So as soon as I get this AI situation worked out and find out why AI will not use FSSC scenery I will be immediately releasing both files only here on AVSIM :-)I'll keep you all posted and let you know. I know there are a few Coloradoans out there who were looking forward to this. If I succeed at doing the KPUB project I will start doing other airports by request for Colorado :-)

There MAY be a bigger delay than I thought. Tis what i get for using freeware. I will need to wait untol I get a bigger paycheck and invest in a better scenery creator and try again.In FSSC no 3rd party macros work on my machine, and when I place the airports into FS2k2 AI rejects them no matter what AFCAD I use with them.My apologies on the delay, folks. I was hoping to make KPUB my big first release for Project Colorado, but since FSSC is not AI friendly it will have to wait.HOWEVER on the GOOD news front, I have my PAI AFCAD file for KDEN done. I just need to double check my radiusing with a few more test flights in the simulator and, once I am satisfied - I will more than likely be uploading it this afternoon or tonight. I WILL be posting it today no matter what the time.Again, for those who are interested, this KDEN will be a 5-layer overlay specifically designed for PAI aircraft (Project AI) - however it should work for any other flight plans you may have. I have literally every single flight plan PAI has currently published in their master file and based the gates off of that.I STILL cannot remember who wrote the scenery file for Denver that I am using, and my downloads folder got deleted in a recent format, but these overlays are based on that wonderful scenery which placed visual gates and textures to DIA :-)Again, I will keep you informed of my progress. The AFCAD files for DEN will be up today. All scenery enhancements are on hold until I find a payware editor (since you only get what you pay for), which should be about 1 week to 2 weeks from now.Any suggestions for a great airport scenery maker, guys, PLEASE let me know. I want to get the best one there is for this project.

Well, all, I made some hopeful progress in the dirt of ATC and AI and the bugs of FSSC, but am still frustrated. . . . . .I deleted the AFD file from my Scenery file and copied the AFD file from the origional KPUB in the SCENEDB folder to my scenery folder with the FSSC scenery.SOME progress!Instead of getting the "announcement" ATC I got a tower! AND I saw a couple of aircraft at my airport.Still one issue. I wanted to be SURE it was fixed, and i am glad I had patience to do so -- I hovered around in a helicopter observing the airport for a while. I also noted schedules of aircraft that were suposed to be there and normally are without the scenery in place.Scheduled aircraft were missing and I was at 100% traffic. Also, I watched a few aircraft land on the runway - and disappear!!!!!!!!There has GOT to be a lead or solution to this. I am still about ready to throw in the towel, drop FSSC and buy a payware editor, but I want to see first if I can fix this seeing as how I already placed a lot of work into the KPUB project.I have tried posting on the FSSC site, but no one seems to ever read that forum LOL, so does anyone here maybe have some light to shed on this ATC/AI mystery?Also, if there IS a better scenery creator out there for airports, I am open to suggestions.ChrisChristopher N. Dittmarchristopherdittmar@attbi.comStudent Pilot and Avid SimmerHome Base: KPUB

Okay, all. Shoot me now. . . . . .Out of all the cussing, ranting, raving, checking, double-checking, cross-referencing, comparing, etc, etc, etc that i did, I realized that there IS a fix to my AI problem. In fact, it was such a simple, yet huge problem that I feel like an idiot for going through 3 days of agony before discovering it.It was my radiusing for KPUB!!!!!What was wrong with it? The numbers were right. Frustratingly right. Just ONE little TEENSY problem . . . . . . . .My conversion was in FEET!!!!!!!Out of a desperate gamble to fix my issue, I changed my conversion to Meters, RE-radiused my gates and went into the sim . . . .BAM!!!!!!!!!AI was sitting there happily waiting for a day of flying!!!!!I have to eat dinner now, then I am going to gather my KPUB scenery and upload it here to AVSIM. It has a few graphics bugs I need to fix, and a lot of additions to be had, so I am going to call this upload a beta version so people can provide me feedback and let me know what they think. I am always open to suggestion.Also tonight i will be uploading my KDEN AFCAD that i promised. I just finished it a few moments ago.With thanks for going through my utteral posts of complaint and desperation (hey - this isnt just a sim - it's an obsession),